• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a nice trail & trout.

JeepDad said:
When you were over did you notice the green 4X4 with the star on the door? That's my company vehicle.
Oh yea, L.A. County Fish and Game, Right? BTW, the trailer tows great. Hopefully there is a Johnson Valley trip this weekend with the bike loaded in it if it doesn't rain out there.

Ah- State, not County. Anyway, a lot of the better trout fishing areas like the Eastern Sierras have trout seasons as well as hours when you can fish. Our regs are terribly complicated to the casual fisherman until you've gone through them a time or two and get an idea of how they are laid out.
I'm glad to hear the trailer is working out. We missed it this past weekend at our first race of the season. The MJ was really loaded on the way out to Stephen's Mine.
Don't let the weatherman in town decide what the desert will be like for you.

corbinafly said:
Damn. All this talk of fishing's making me jones for wetting a line.
we're thinkin the same thing- might tube nph sometime while I'm off this week...

bassthumb said:
we're thinkin the same thing- might tube nph sometime while I'm off this week...

What kind of setup do you use?

Fly, coffee grinder, or bait caster?

I'm a spin only kinda guy although I keep telling myself to learn the baitcaster better. For harbor fishing all you really need is a good eye and enough to cast a jig 20' at most. Usually we tube all night and get in at 2am or so. Less boats, more fish.

Oooohhhhhh.... besides my family, these are my two most enjoyable things, combine them and its even better!

Up along the Kern River Area is pretty good fishing, and there are some trails in that area as well... Nothing too challenging....

Go further up to Monache Meadows like Stephan said.... more of a summer time trip..

The Owens Valley all around the Owens river is lots of dirt trails with some excellent year round trout fishing.

Up near Mammoth is Laurel Lakes (High Clearance 4x4 - basically slightly taller than stock) is required. It is a small lake with very little pressure w/ primative camping.

I've been itching to go too.......

ScottyDog

Back