• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longest lasting spray paint?

POR15 them....

I actually used magnet paints on the underside and floor of my 99. I decided to compromise between ultra cheap and expensive.... bought the rustoleum today, so maybe this weekend I'll be able to get some painting done :)

Go with flat black. It looks best with any of the trim and is very reliable for long amounts of time.

If you scuff it just paint it. I did the bottom body line and grill in flat black and it worked well.

Prep is 75% of the job,sand alot and smooth.There are alot of rust treatments,the best one is get rid of it completely.As mentioned before,a couple of coats of primer and 2 or 3 coats of Rustoleum satin-classic low sheen finish 7777 black, #2006677778.Its made for outdoor furniture and looks great.

I have actually used diluted muriatic acid on chrome bumpers as a wash before i scuffed and then shot with a good etching primer, like the napa brand, not the crustoleum. Never had any problems at all with flaking after this, you just need something to give the chrome some porocity for the primer to adhere to.

Back