• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm kit or drop brackets

i think i am going to go with the DBs, probably rough country bvecause they are just under $200

the LA kits are nice, but i foresee some stuff breaking with my jeep so i cant afford to spend the money att his time

thank you for all the input!!! this thread has helped me ALOT and i hoipe it will help others in the future!!

I've owned a 93 Cherokee with 8" of lift and rock krawler long arms and I just recently purchased a 00 cherokee with 8" of lift and drop brackets.

When I bought the 00 I planned to swap my long arms to the new jeep but the more I drive it I'm thinking about just keeping the drop brackets. From what I have seen so far they may limit flex a little more than my long arms did but not by much.

Incorrect. Radius arms, 4 links and 3 links all can fall into the long arm category. What makes them long arms is they are longer than stock, and mount further back on the "frame" than the stock suspension. The amount of arms does not qualify or disqualify it as a long arm suspension.

Full traction makes a 4 link system as well as BDS. As far as the BDS kit goes, I'm not a fan of a long arm kit that uses bushings at both ends (lower arms), rather than a flex joint/ heim joint at one end to compensate for the misalignment that occurs during flexing.
Okay, then let me reword it as "long arm(s)" jeez, still T&T, Clayton, Rustys and RE are radius arm kits. The link to that BDS kit shows poly bushings at both ends of the lower control arms but, the write up in the magazine shows flex joints......maybe they changed the kit since. I, however, forgot about Full Traction, they too, are a true 4 link long ARMS system. They make extended length radius arms for my early Bronco but, nobody calls it a "long arm" kit ;)-----------Hans

Back