• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm brands?

Whose springs would you conisder for a great "cadillac" style highway ride and good offroad manners? Front and rear??

Rear would be alcan if I were buying but I'll most likley build a bastard pack this is for my twins and on an MJ so I might try Rusty's MJ lift pack and front coil.
Front would be RE but they are closed so next would be Rough Country I guess maybe Rustys. I'm not that far yet we still have to find a donor for the MJ... but we won the crossmember at last years crawl. :confused1

There was a really good thread over on jeep forum that went through all the major off road brands and gave the spring rating for their springs....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/springs-heights-their-spring-rates-613756/

why is everyone so afraid of heims? unless youre running heims you pulled from the bargain bucket at tractor supply they'll perform better and last longer than rubber or poly ends.

Won't they give you a harsh on road ride though?

There was a really good thread over on jeep forum that went through all the major off road brands and gave the spring rating for their springs....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/springs-heights-their-spring-rates-613756/

Thanks for the link. Very interesting just how different some springs are.
After reading the post on front or rear lockers I'm getting dizzy...LOL!
So many ways to go.

So anyone like Teraflex and what they have to offer? I know a guy down here who has one of their kits, or parts of a kit and really likes it.
Looks like I'll piece together everything when I'm ready and either pat myself on the back or kick my own ass!

Won't they give you a harsh on road ride though?

they are better at transmitting road/tire noise into the unibody than rubber or poly.

ride harsher? not really. on paper, yes. but in my personal rig, the good control arm angles, large tires, with some halfway decent shocks, the ride quality is better than stock

they are better at transmitting road/tire noise into the unibody than rubber or poly.

ride harsher? not really. on paper, yes. but in my personal rig, the good control arm angles, large tires, with some halfway decent shocks, the ride quality is better than stock

Good to know, thank you. I'll probably go poly on one side of my bottom arms then and heims or ballistic joints everywhere else.

I have the Teraflex long arms. Old style and am quite happy with them. They are modified to a radius arm set-up. Flexes great, drives well on the highway, handles off-camber comfortabley, sucks up the bumps/washboard roads at 50mph with no issues.

I have had this set-up for a year now, and no issues. Was not really sold on how they mount to the unibody, but I wheel this thing at least once a month, two or three times a month is more common. No issues. Yet. I drive it daily as well.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting just how different some springs are.
After reading the post on front or rear lockers I'm getting dizzy...LOL!
So many ways to go.

So anyone like Teraflex and what they have to offer? I know a guy down here who has one of their kits, or parts of a kit and really likes it.
Looks like I'll piece together everything when I'm ready and either pat myself on the back or kick my own ass!

unless you modify the teraflex arms they are overpriced lowers IMHO

they also retain stock uppers

i think the Rough Country kit would be a good match for ya ... easiest on the pocket but is an all in one kit so you would not need to mix and match parts... comes as an upgrade and then you can chooses your springs seperatly if desired... there are a few good threads with reviews and feedback out there

this would be the safest route - an all in one kit - if this is your first XJ build

I've had RE raidus arm front and rear 4-link for about 2 years now and the springs on the drivers side sag a bit and most of the bushings need to be replaced, best advice I can offer is to spend extra money for the best once way cheaper and easier than doing the job more than once. Ironman4x4 is what is going on my rig this time.

Back