• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LOL - this guy is higher than a kite......

Well, at the Tri-State Auto swap meet, I see those things by the box....

YELLAHEEP said:
Well, at the Tri-State Auto swap meet, I see those things by the box....
no kiddin? is there something unique about 1914? Aside from being the second year of production. I looked online and couldn't find a single one for sale.

Last edited:
Jeezus! :eek:

I guess I stand corrected. There apparently are people with more money than common sense out there......

Guess I better start keeping an eye out for 'em when I'm back in Nebraska at the barn sales....

hah ya cause a lot of ppl are registering cars from 1914 and want a license plate from then wtf i know a few guys that collect license plates but not for that price

philip_g said:
no kiddin? is there something unique about 1914? Aside from being the second year of production. I looked online and couldn't find a single one for sale.

Maybe nothing special in Colorado but a lot happened in 1914 in the world. The Mexican revolution began, WWI began, and I think that was Babe Ruth's rookie year. Yea sorry I spent to much time in history classes.

xjmatt said:
Maybe nothing special in Colorado but a lot happened in 1914 in the world. The Mexican revolution began, WWI began, and I think that was Babe Ruth's rookie year. Yea sorry I spent to much time in history classes.
my thought is they started selling plates in 1913 and 1914 was the first year of the porcelinized plates, if there weren't many to begin with there probably aren't many now, and if there's a guy in CO that wants to plate his whatever was sold in 1914 I bet he jumps at the chance to have one.
The guy I work with collects 30's MG's and I an totally see him spending that kind of $

my father-in-law collects plates like these. There are huge swap meets for this kind of stuff back in the midwest. Most of the time though, they're looking for a series of plates, not individual.

He's got a pretty serious collection and I know he's been approached quite a bit about parting with portions of his collection for substantial money.

Back