• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LOCK A 8.25/29SPLINE

What are you using the jeep for? What size tire are you running? And what gear ratio are you at? These are all important question that I believe must be answered before a locker is chosen.

moderate wheeling,DD. 31/10.5/15. gears 3.55. I want some sort of traction aid, front or rear, been thinking just an aussie up front. Any feed back wouldbe much appreciated.

Frank Z said:
I ran a No-Slip in my 8.25. Great locker! As far as the front goes...selectable is the way to go.

ditto on the select, wouldn't want t run a full time up front on a DD from what I've read around here.

I ran a lunchbox in my old 30 and drove my jeep as a dd a lot and never had a problem with it. It doesnt make a difference as long as there isnt power to it.

I just bought an Aussie Locker, and im trying to install it in my D35!!!

I have the diff cover off, pin and spider gears out, wheels off, and i have pushed to passenger side axle in as far as it will go, but i still can't get the D*^mn C clip off!!

Does the drum brake need to come off?
Will the gear on the axle slide back far enough to remove the C Clip?

98POSXJ said:
I ran a lunchbox in my old 30 and drove my jeep as a dd a lot and never had a problem with it. It doesnt make a difference as long as there isnt power to it.

Dunno about everyone else but I like to use 4 high on the street when it's snowy, I know some guys don't.

Back