• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lincoln Weldpak 100

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
How much is one worth? I am in the market for a welder but I have no clue what I am doing so I want a starter welder. I also know everyone is going to say to get a 220v welder but I can't and I don't have 220 in my garage. I just want to know if a weldpak 100 is a decent welder for mild welds and learning. I have a line on one for what I consider cheap($200). Thanks

Tyler

if it's in good condition, thats an ok deal. i think they go for $400ish

my first mig welder was a lincoln 100 (from home depot). its a decent welder... but TINY compared to the 220v one i use now... i wanted to set it up as a tacker, but holding the torch in my hand feels weird, and i simply cannot go back to fluxcore....

the 100 can be converted to shielding gas... but its at least another $200... maybe look around for something with gas hookups... i know this ruins the budget aspect, but its sooooooo nicer....

that's a pretty good price for that rig,especially with the regulator. While it won't be speedy, or do thick metal, you can do some fairly decient work with it just take your time and learn with it.

Whats the max thickness you can weld with one of these practically? I know the specs say 1/4", but can it actually do 1/4"?

Tyler that sounds like a decent deal if it has the regulator. I just bought a new regulator last week $80. Lincon has a really good deal going on now untill september, for there 140C 120V Mig For $599 after a mail in rebate. You still need a tank though. Its compatable to the Miller I have at my place you have seen in use. I know the 140 can do anything you have planned for your jeep.

i think its rated 1/4 for flux core, and only 3/16 for shielded... i think the fluxcore's a little hotter....

i did some 1/4 bracketry on a couple bumpers... i later came back with my 220v, and litterally welded completely over my old beads... its a baby welder, you can weld 1/4 for a bumper... you dont want to weld 1/4 link mounts to an axle tube though... know your limitations, and lay some beads.

i know you addressed gimike812, but any airgas, or welding supply place can refill your bottle, i use 75/25 mix, its about $50 a fill, but i have the larger bottle. which is highly adviseable, you will go empty when you need it most. I really need a 2nd bottle, i hate having to empty the last part of my bottle when im low, or return a bottle with a tiny bit left...

I get my stuff from Consolidated Welding Supply. I forget what size my tank is its the knee high one. Only cost $30 per fill. I think they quoted me $100-120 for a new tank filled. Mine is small and works great to move around but sucks because it goes out fast. I would be happy having a second one the same size just for the back up.

Check with Phoenix Welding Supply,both my TIG and MIG have the 80cf Aluminum bottles.Good capacity and man they are nice to lug around compared to steel!

Back