• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets talk trails....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
This is just a target of some of the trials I want to see and maybe run.
Thursday:
White Tail
Running board
Crawfords Cry
Middle Fork Play Ground ?
Under Estimated ?
Your Turn ?

Friday:
Pin Ball
Rail Bed
Little Jager
Lower Rock Garden
Lower Damnation
Upper Damnation

Saturday:
Mason Jar
Grace Trail
Lions Den

This is Highly ambitious. I doubt I can do it but these are the places I'm looking at. Running fast between the areas should not be a problem but time on trail and breakage is an issue.

I would call you extremely ambitious, especialy if you don't have a traction bar.......

Friday looks like a pretty good day, lower damnation might be darn near impossible if its wet, little jager is the same. I have not ever tried upper damnation.

Saturday you need to add "can opener", never been on grace trail but its on the way to lion's den I think.

I would call you extremely ambitious, especialy if you don't have a traction bar.......

Friday looks like a pretty good day, lower damnation might be darn near impossible if its wet, little jager is the same. I have not ever tried upper damnation.

Saturday you need to add "can opener", never been on grace trail but its on the way to lion's den I think.

Working on the traction bar. I beefed my spring pack some already. I forgot Can Opener. Grace is on its way to Lion's Den. There is a section of the park off limits on the new maps.

FYI:

Right now, going by registrations, we have the following signed up for rides:

Easy: 9
Moderate: 6
Extreme: 7

This may help decide who wants to lead what. Ghost, can you do a moderate?

Now here is the cool thing to remember. Most difficult sections are easy to bypass.

FYI:

Right now, going by registrations, we have the following signed up for rides:

Easy: 9
Moderate: 6
Extreme: 7

This may help decide who wants to lead what. Ghost, can you do a moderate?

Now here is the cool thing to remember. Most difficult sections are easy to bypass.

I guess I can do a moderate. I guess that would be orange trails on the map. There are lots of them on or near the reds. :)

I guess I can do a moderate. I guess that would be orange trails on the map. There are lots of them on or near the reds. :)

That sounds good to me :D !

Also, I do not have a problem with anyone following along as long as they can keep up. Harlan is not like Tellico where the trail is 3 miles long and getting the little guys through is a winch fest. :wave1:

Well I'm on 36"s and the other 3 guys I'm with are on 33"s. We should be fine on moderate and I wouldn't mind hitting some of the harder stuff as long as the guys on 33"s can bypass

Well I'm on 36"s and the other 3 guys I'm with are on 33"s. We should be fine on moderate and I wouldn't mind hitting some of the harder stuff as long as the guys on 33"s can bypass

Bypass or watch same thing really at Harlan IMHO. These trails I listed were ones I wanted to see and run with time permitting. I also forgot to put in the Middle Rock Garden. I missed that one last time we were there.

I should have the video and still camera so you can always shot images. :wave1:

i put in for moderate but im guessing i will be downsized to easy unless i can easily get my stock JK with 32" mtrs through without trying to rock crawl.... i just want to tag along to watch, i dont plan on trying to do any of the obstacles. i plan on being the "assistance vehicle" for any running back to camp to get parts or take people back to camp or something like that.

Blake I have you down to run with us. We will take it easy but have opportunities to play in some of the more challenging stuff. In many places the trails parrallel themselves. We will also stop and play in the rockgarden. MELKORsXJ mildly built XJ did the first section pretty easy. If you want more challenger just keep going or exit if it's too tough.

Ill see what I can do. Gotta get your cig par game on then run my winch cable like a good noob @$$

im down to watch polar get stuck on some hard trails. gives me time to smoke a cig and laugh at him.

i put in for moderate but im guessing i will be downsized to easy unless i can easily get my stock JK with 32" mtrs through without trying to rock crawl.... i just want to tag along to watch, i dont plan on trying to do any of the obstacles. i plan on being the "assistance vehicle" for any running back to camp to get parts or take people back to camp or something like that.

Don't feel bad I won't be doing many obstacles. I am scared I will break something 300 miles from home! If it was going on a trailer I wouldn't give a damn but I'm driving it. Not worried about axle u-joints they are 760's and I'm running 31's! :D

If you do Lions Den be sure to take pictures. I would like to see a full bodied XJ squeeze through there.

And BTW....remember to pick up the pieces and keep the trail clean.

If you do Lions Den be sure to take pictures. I would like to see a full bodied XJ squeeze through there.

And BTW....remember to pick up the pieces and keep the trail clean.

Nick wants to try it! :D

Back