• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets see your Rigs, RRC!

Here's the one I ended up buying..

my99XJ.jpg

Yes, early flares. Not sure why but they look ok so they'll ride till I decide otherwise. The previous owner also took all the carpet out and started to put bedliner in. I haven't decided if I'll finish that job or just put carpet back in.

So far my mods have been few. I put a Texas flag up for the headliner, added a CB overhead, and an amp for the radio (still sucks). Fixes have been to add a back seat, full brake job and some little junk.

Fixes still to be done before the fun starts are:
multi-function switch
tune up
new front end bushings (maybe)

Cheap stuff to be done (in order):
wheel spacers
hood vents
trailer hitch
DIY roof rack

Later:
more lift
armor
better tires
rear tire carrier

Here's my XJ....
1993 4dr 4.0L, 114K, Police package. Fit OEM TJ Rubi wheels/tires w/ no lift. Dad has been driving it for the last 2.5yrs in houston where all the paint has oxidized/peeled, the rust has increased 10x and it has kinda fallen apart. Still, got 20mpg on the way home form Houston at 75mph....Now back to stock 235's for a short while....looking into rust repair to see if it is saveable...needs full rockers, probaly floor panels x4, roof line work, etc....I hate rust!!!!
l_ab8564fcd32c459e979853c181281bed.jpg

l_7688a482b9274936b5205cc4cee6780a.jpg

Here's my XJ....
1993 4dr 4.0L, 114K, Police package. Fit OEM TJ Rubi wheels/tires w/ no lift. Dad has been driving it for the last 2.5yrs in houston where all the paint has oxidized/peeled, the rust has increased 10x and it has kinda fallen apart. Still, got 20mpg on the way home form Houston at 75mph....Now back to stock 235's for a short while....looking into rust repair to see if it is saveable...needs full rockers, probaly floor panels x4, roof line work, etc....I hate rust!!!!

Sorry about all of the rust! At least youre back in an XJ though.

yea, I do like the XJ platform....I so wanna build a JeepSpeed XJ....I think this one is to far gone though to save....I know I can get new floor pans and rocker panels to replace the rusted stuff but I don't have enough experience with rusted vehicles to know if this one is savable or not...found out today after I washed it that is has a LSD in the rear....nailed the throttle and it went about 4ft sideways.... :)

Hey! You got those on fast! Cops stop hasseling you now that your corners are orange? I've already been warned once for mine. LOL

Ha, yeah. I actually swapped the lights over from my 99 as soon as i took off the tinted ones...I couldnt wait to see the new look. That sucks... I drove about 1000mi with them on mine without any hassleing ...sounds like i was lucky :-D

Bring it on in to hidden falls in centex for our fall get together in a few weeks.

Back