• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf springs

jeremy43

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought a 3" lift from rough country for my 99 xj....i was wondering if any one could let me know how to connect the leaf springs

well my freind is helping me do it and he asked me tp post this because he wanted to make sure there wasnt any thing that we didnt know about and hes not fimiliar with leaf springs

huh? have you looked at it yet? its easy... lift the jeep up from the rear bumper or body and get all the weight off the springs, unbolt the luge nuts, remove wheels/tires. i usually to mine one side at a time. theres 4 nuts on the ubolts, unbolt them, pull the ubolts out, then theres one bolt on the front of the spring and one in the rear. unbolt them and thats all there is to it. most of the time the axle will shift about an inch, front or rear, whatever it decides to do. so you might need a strap or cumalong to line it back up? if it doesnt shift much and is just barely not lining up then most the time you can just muscle it into place.

With Add-a-leafs one option is to remove (easiest for me) the springs from the XJ and remove the center pin. Your kit should have a new pin so if you have to cut it off your fine. Before you do this grab a bunch of strong C clamps. Like Saybye said you can do it on the XJ too. I never had luck in my few attempts.

Once the pin is removed figure out how to get the leaf added to the pack by working with the C clamps to compress it onto the pack and then put the pin in. Be careful because the add a leaf will arch them and cause havoc if a clamp comes loose. Yes this is the cheap mans method. :greensmok

Personally I used new springs when I did mine because I had negative arch in the passenger and it was tweaked at the eyelet. The driver side was flat but would've been ok.

Last edited:
Back