• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Laws?

noresttill said:
Where do I find Florida fender flair laws?

Jesse

library.jpg

HTH

Rev

That's the building I'm in right now (UCF library). Cool! :D

Most state DMV agencies post them on line, bunch of bmja members carry the laws on printouts about doors and flares with them, got a few overzelous cops that like to bust jeeps round here...

I've found that most states will sell you a copy of the Vehicle Codes for a few bucks (almost always less than ten) and they're a lot easier to wade through than the websites - plus, you can highlight, add bookmarks, underline, whatever - and carry it with you. It's a step better than a printout when you're showing it to a cop...

I get my copy every three or four years (about when I renew my license) for $5 or so, and it's saved me thousands in fines, equipment crap, and things like that.

The last time I used it was to prove that yes, the use of hand signals for indicating traffic maneuvers is actually legal (ran across a CHP that didn't know that...)

5-90

Back