• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labor Day @ MIOBI

Rockhound89

NAXJA Forum User
So what’s up guys here we go where going to have a blast this weekend. So starting Friday after noon were going to open the property up at noon this is when we are going to start parking campers and start tech in. This is important guys we need every one that is camping to understand that we need every one to camp as close to each other as possible as these events are getting bigger and bigger and we only have so much land for camping. Next thing there will be NO ONE ON THE TRAILS BEFORE 3 o’clock on Friday. Take this time to set up your camp check your rig over and what not as we want ever one to be safe and have a great weekend.

So Friday we are going to offer up some adult trail games that include a scavenger hunt and also start a poker run ($2 dollar buy in) these two games will run thru Saturday. Every one that has enter these game we need ever thing turned in buy 5 o’clock on Saturday night because at 5 o’clock we are going to see who won.

Ok that is just the kick of this great weekend. On Saturday we are going to open the tent at 9 o’clock for more tech in and campers. If you do get there before 9 there should be some one around to help you out.

Saturday is going to be busy so let’s get this going:

- At 2 o’clock we are going to have a HUGE group picture in the play ground like we did for Memorial Day we would like to see people start showing up a 1:30 to start staging people and remember when leaving to be careful of each other.

- 5 o’clock is when we are going to start drawing for door prices at the main check in tent. You will have until 12 o’clock on Sunday to check your raffle tickets to see if you have won. Good Luck

- Also this is when we are going to see who won the scavenger hunt and the poker run

- Also right around this time we would like to get the kids games started.

- Around 6 o’clock we are going to meet at T-Bolts to enjoy some of the best pork loin dinner this side of I-80. (Free of course with your paid entry)

Then at dusk the band will fire up and play until about midnight or so.

And in between all this there is some of the best trail in Iowa to see what you and your truck is made of will you make it or break it.

On Sunday the tent will open up at 9 o’clock for more tech in and campers. We are going to do a flag find that day all so $2 buy in for this and we will all meet at the tent to around 5 to see who has the most flags. At noon we are going to redraw for the remaining door prizes so if you didn’t win any thing on Saturday please keep you tickets as you could win on Sunday.

Monday the tent will open at 9 o’clock for more tech in there will be NO ONE TECH IN AFTER 12 O’CLOCK as we are closing the grounds at 5 o’clock so we ask that every one be off the trails buy 4:30 and on your way buy 5 o’clock as we will have to clean up after this weekend.

Well guys I think that is it in a nut shell one last thing that I would like to remind every one there will be NO PETS on the property if you bring your pet please see one of the local commutes to board your pet. Also before you hit the trails make sure you read the rules. We want this to be a great safe weekend.

See you guys on the trails!!!!!!!!!

Price:
Members:
$35 per vehicle for the entire event
or
$25 per vehicle per day
Non-members:
$55 per vehicle for the entire event
or
$25 per vehicle per day
Admission covers the vehicle, you (the driver) and one passenger.
Additional vehicle occupants going on the trail will be $5 for the entire event

For those wishing to camp\RV:
$5 camping per day
Electricity for tents $10 per day
campers and RV's are $15 per day

Trail Rules:
  • Driver and all passengers must be belted in
  • If broken down on the trail and in the way of other rigs, do your utmost best to move your busted piece of junk (i.e., jeep) off the trail.
  • Do not use the emergency exit for anything other than emergencies.
  • No littering
  • No drinking
  • No wheeling after dark (plan to get out and off the trails by sundown!)
  • Avoid off-trail carnage as much as possible.
Vehicle Requirements: (obviously, all of the items listed here must be in good working order)
  • Seat belts for all riders.
  • Brakes. If it's a manual tranny, emergency brake MUST hold the vehicle on a grade.
  • Secure tow points, front and rear.
    Tow hooks are to be bolted and not welded. D-Rings, Hitches, Recievers, ect., which are designed to be welded are OK to be welded.
  • Snatch straps - no hooks and no chains.
  • Vehicles without roofs must have a cage over riders.
  • Emergency First Aid kit.
  • Fire extinguisher, secured near driver ( A, B, C rating).
  • CB Radio. We run on Channel 16
  • Vehicles without roofs must have a cage over ALL seats.
  • Battery bolted down (no bungee cords).
  • All interior items must be tied down or secured.

Right now I am planning on coming down Saturday, camp out then return home Sunday morning. My birthday is Monday and I am having people over Sunday night.

Hitting the Pig Gig that same weekend, but considering trying to make it up for Sunday or Monday...if it rains, I wont consider it at all :D

you know me and mud...equals broke (in more then one way!) and no good :D

Planning on coming down WITH THE JEEP on Sunday, and might even camp. (I have a cool Kelty tent that has never been set up, I bought it 2-3 years ago)

Today I bought an oil filter and air filter for the Jeep, the old ones have been on there since 2001 or 2002.

Less then 2 weeks away! It's going to be a great time, hope to see some of you. If your new, need help or have questions, ask for Rokhound and he'll tell you where to find me

I am going to try and make it up Sunday. We are going to the Pig Gig in Illinois on Saturday, so after we get home late Saturday night from that it will depend on how I feel about getting loaded up and heading that way. What ever came of the doorless=required cage topic? I do not see it set in stone on the rules over on MIOBI. I am running doorless but have tube doors, but no cage. My stock doors do not line up at the moment, so if it is indeed a rule now, I am out. Let me know Andy or Watson. :thumbup:

Did a little testing today, and I realized that the LCA bolts are only hand tight:twak:

aug2009021.jpg

Cant wait to see it on the trails!

I did a bit of playing around last night too to see if I could figure out that front end, all I ended up doing was lay down a bunch of swapper marks and put my fan into the NEW radiator from flexing on the rock. I dont think I got the front end pulled out enough after the roll. So a new radiator and maybe pull out the locker and it's ready.

Dont care for the locked front bud.

bpm4x4 it would be great to see the MJ on the trails. I also went out for a little test run in my wifes jeep after are fuel issue

IMG_7170Small.jpg

IMG_7175Small.jpg

this was in the process of setting up the poker run and scavenger hunt what all work and no play I don’t think so.

Make It Or Break is really dry right now we had to look for this and we all new that it was going to be soft just didn’t realize how much more her jeep weighed then those wranglers that was following me. A 9000lbs winch with a snatch block and a wrangler pulling on the other side it finally came out.

this weekend so is every one ready

putting in new pass side axle right now and should have tied up before lunch. I am planning on having everything loaded on the trailer before I head to the Pig Gig so that way when I get home late Saturday night I wont have to mess w/ loading up etc. Should just be able to wake up, hook on trailer and head north :thumbup:

as long as it is dry of course :D

putting in new pass side axle right now and should have tied up before lunch. I am planning on having everything loaded on the trailer before I head to the Pig Gig so that way when I get home late Saturday night I wont have to mess w/ loading up etc. Should just be able to wake up, hook on trailer and head north :thumbup:

as long as it is dry of course :D

Mine is on the trailer, but like you I will be getting home very late (from the NASCAR Truck race in Newton). Tighten up the control arms, and pray that is all that needs tightened.

I think the tires are going to rub on the wheel-well, but we will see. The left coil spring is rubbing on the track bar bracket, I hope that does not become a problem, I may have to make a wear plate for that.:eyes:

Dont worry about it, just wheel it!

I found out why my mech fan ate my radiator, driver motor mount(less then a year old) was split in two. Dont buy Anchor brand mounts, junk. Now it has a polly mount from an old control arm, we'll see how that works, bolt sleeve is a bit short by 1/4" and the hole is a bit wallowed out, but it should hold for the weekend.

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to pull the quicloc out or wait and see how it works on the trail and bring my spiders just in case....?

Dont worry about it, just wheel it!

I found out why my mech fan ate my radiator, driver motor mount(less then a year old) was split in two. Dont buy Anchor brand mounts, junk. Now it has a polly mount from an old control arm, we'll see how that works, bolt sleeve is a bit short by 1/4" and the hole is a bit wallowed out, but it should hold for the weekend.

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to pull the quicloc out or wait and see how it works on the trail and bring my spiders just in case....?

and I think my driver's side motor mount rubber may be split too, but it will be there. (I do have those MORE mounts that I was supposed to put in)

I wish I knew...It was in the best interest of my marriage that I not go this weekend. So, I guess the bright side of it was that I got a few things done around the house and still have a wife...I think :D

Back