• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

kentucky.

thechief86

NAXJA Forum User
yeah, my wife got herself a job in Bowling Green, working at Western Kentucky University. This means i'll be moving up there at the end of the month, and i don't know ANYBODY up there. Are there any local XJ folk up there? from what i've seen, i'm moving to a town where i won't have anything to do. i'd like to make it not suck so bad. i think my job is going to let me transfer, and if not there are other jobs i can do there. the side of BG that i saw looked like a ghost town, so i'm hoping there is more to it than that!

Kentucky is a mix of SEC and MWC. I know a few Ky guys in the MWC.

Wheelin is at Harlan, Daniel Boone, and Land of the lakes.

I am sure you knew most of that now by looking at your post count and how long you been a forum user lol.

Oh well all is well. Good luck with the move.

Brian(Spawn93) is pretty close to there.

sweet. i'm not sure how far away the good wheelin spots are, but it seems like almost all the car enthusiasts i saw running around were into chevies. i hope i'm not gonna be a one man wolfpack up there. it's no fun wheeling alone, or having to drive an hour just for a light shakedown run. here in middle tn, i have jeep friends, VW friends, motorcycle friends, and even vintage bicycle friends. it's only about an hour from nashville, so i guess i can still roll in to hang with people i know.

Wishbone Ranch is in Bowling Green.

Dirk, you are awesome. I now have something to do in BG. I will be trying to organize a Wishbone Ranch run in the near-ish future. BG is not more than an hour from Nashville, so it would still be a doable trip for some of the local middle TN guys? If I had known it was there, i would have already checked it out by now, even living in murfreesboro....

It is pretty gnarly when it is wet. Brian and I both came out of there pretty beat up. I'd like to do it again when it is dry.

http://www.thewbr.com/

no comment on my education at the moment. wife found a job up there before i could get done. i'll probably finish at wku. i drove by wishbone ranch today, but couldn't tell much about it with the gates closed and nobody around. i am on itsajeep.org, so i'll get back on there and try to rustle up some folks to go stompin through the woods with.
i'm already feeling better about the move, although my wife is stressed that the house we are moving to is about 15 miles from BG instead of being a 5 minute walk like the first one she picked out. i'd rather have to drive a while to find civilization than look outside and see civilization stealing crap out of my front yard, lol.

My brother manages the Gander Mtn. store.

So dopes this mean you will be at Harlan next month?

i would love to. i will probably try, but i need a rim for my spare tire, and a couple items to get my CB going. the jeep is ready to go other than that. i have a dana 35, so they probably keep me off the runs i want to do, so i might not even go. i have alloy shafts, lockers front and rear and disc brakes to hold it together if i break a shaft, so maybe they won't step on my neck too hard...

it shouldn't cost me more than $150 in fuel, but i might just be a little too lazy to hook up my CB, and i don't really know what all i need for it. my buddy has a stock rim i can put my spare on, and i can just strap it to the roof. but i haven't reserved a spot or any of that junk. we'll see. i still have a little time, so between now and then i might end up being able to make it.

Back