• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Another XJ on tons, coilovers, 42's, etc. Build

It was nice meeting you at the meet & greet and talking you a little. Great build and its coming along great, hope you get it done before summer.

What were the specs of your rig when you got out of high school? before you started all the work lol

Loving how it's coming, now it might be in your thread but I missed it, so I'll ask anyway. Is this your ride height this is set up on or is this sitting at full bump?

In the picture its sitting about 2-3" above full bump. At ride height as I want it, it should be sitting around 72-74" tall.

I dunno, your completely missing your crank pulley in that pic!!
engine with no working accessories, just to be a little more narrow??

not worth it.

coming along nicely.

:D

Gonna stick with 4 slots, 3 slots would make the grill slightly to narrow and make future tube not work as I want it.

It was nice meeting you at the meet & greet and talking you a little. Great build and its coming along great, hope you get it done before summer.

What were the specs of your rig when you got out of high school? before you started all the work lol

Thanks.

Out of high school...typical "mild to built" XJ. 35's, longarms, etc.

I'm #2 in this...kinda a runout of specs...though that changed a little as time went on before I buggified it...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/vote-october-2005-cherokee-month-modified-class-195980/

Better order those ORIs now so they get here by Christmas.

These pictures are making me want to narrow my front end. Stop making me want to cut apart my Jeep!

Better order those ORIs now so they get here by Christmas.

These pictures are making me want to narrow my front end. Stop making me want to cut apart my Jeep!

Yeah gonna try and order those soon. Blacksheep on Pirate said 14 week wait time from him. I want to place it so they come mid-late June to give me some time to crank everything needed out before I need to tell them shock shaft specs. Also noticed Tanner4x4 in CO Springs is a vendor so I might try seeing what they're wait time/cost is.

I tell ya, cutting away body is just so liberating :D

About to start my boatsides soon...and mucho body will be dissapearing then too!

Man I love this thing!!! It inspires me to cut mine up more :D

Well, progress has been slow since as this semester draws to a close, sh*t gets really busy. Put a little work into the panhard...its been rather interesting to get done :banghead:

Frame side bracket started:
Jeep001-5.jpg

The Panhard...now dubbed "the snake" :D its 1.5" x .25" DOM
Jeep002-5.jpg

Going to try and get some more head way on it tomorrow evening and thursday. Want to finish it up so I can start the boatsides come saturday :firedevil

Last edited:
Well, been getting a bit done, just haven't taken pics yet. Got the boatsides started, looking pretty good.

As well I got a wild hair and decided to rip the rest of the dash out...since I won't be using any of my HVAC stuff...that had to have freed up ~60 lbs. :D

So...a certain person is making me contemplate cutting the rest of the roof off, basically keeping only the windshield, then tubing the rest back. If I keep the roof I will be ditching the B-pillar but having a dimple died tube one. If I cut the roof off I'd run an aluminum skinned roof. Its hard to describe, and not the easiest to draw out, but the way I've got it imagined it would look pretty good...so...opinions?

Keep the roof or get rid of it?

If budget allows and its what you want I say go for it. You are keeping hints of XJ with the grill and windshield so you can lose the rest imo.

I plan on doing it similar to how you described.

If budget allows and its what you want I say go for it. You are keeping hints of XJ with the grill and windshield so you can lose the rest imo.

I plan on doing it similar to how you described.

Budget definitely isn't the issue, as I still have a ton of tube left...its just a matter of not being able to turn back :D

This gives a slight idea of what it looks like to just keep the windshield...the owner of this rig (though this version of it was much later), was who helped me a LOT in high school as to building my rig.

20060401043732aa8un.jpg

Budget definitely isn't the issue, as I still have a ton of tube left...its just a matter of not being able to turn back :D

This gives a slight idea of what it looks like to just keep the windshield...the owner of this rig (though this version of it was much later), was who helped me a LOT in high school as to building my rig.

20060401043732aa8un.jpg

Isn't that CagedXJ's?

Seems the A to B pillar spread is pretty long in most of these buggies, some repeated pics+ hot girl
f_koh024m_6fbd625.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

CIMG1073.jpg

309.jpg

Also, A pillar additional support, looks like 1'' or 1-1/4'' tube from the top of the A pillar down. Most of the same pics as above, plus the same girl.
f_koh024m_6fbd625.jpg

SittinginVegas-1.jpg

P1010790-1.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

100_6870.jpg

all i gotta say is great flippin build. and what ever u do to make money i want in on it...

keep it up

Thanks!

What I do to make money...I'm a tire tech for Discount Tire in Fort Collins. Put it this way...I will have mucho dinero into this build...but it also took me 2+ year to gather parts, of which I'm still doing. I live, eat, and breath this sport...so its where all my extra money tends to go :D I have a harder time justifying spending $60 on a new pair of shoes i've needed for six months since my old ones have holes in the bottom...than spending it on the buggy. Yes...its that bad :roflmao:

Back