• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Another XJ on tons, coilovers, 42's, etc. Build

Well got the frame capped so I can start the tubework around the engine...BUT I need a new digital angle finder. Had HF's one and it worked great until the back screws fell out and I can't keep the back of it on. Went to HF and they have 3 in stock but NO one can find them. Searched the whole store up and down twice in the last two days, and called today and still no bueno :rolleyes:

Hoping to get some real work done on it this Sunday if I can get that angle finder. I WAS planning on having at least 50% of my tube work done come the end of winter break, well I ended up getting none done so i'm not to enthused about that.
If you ever need someone to drink your beer and heckle you while you work, I am more then willing to help:D

I got a digital angle finder at Sears for around $20, might be worth a shot to look there.

Well I don't have any beer...but ya can feel free to come over and heckle anytime :D

I'll have to run by Sears soon...I thought I remembered seeing one there.

I got mine from Sears as well, however I haven't been able to find another one at the sears over by my house recently. I've dropped mine quite a few times and question whether it's still accurate or not. I have seen practically the same thing at Home Depot in the tools section, for $39 or so.

Scott

Haven't run by Sears yet, but probably will here in a little bit since i got called of work today...for the second day in a row (n)

Thing I liked about the HF one though was that it had a couple extra features, and I have more 20% off coupons than I can shake a stick at :D

So been a while...but an update :D

Got the front frame done, just need to lathe out some peices before I get the engine back on its own weight.

Copyofjeep002.jpg

jeep004-5.jpg

jeep005-6.jpg

With winch mounted:
jeep006-6.jpg

Spring break is week after this one, and I plan on having a lot done come the end of break:

*Have engine back on its own weight
*Get steering ram and truss all mounted up
*Finish 3-link
*Start cagework

:guitar:

Last edited:

Got some done, not as much as I wanted though...

Took some time off the Jeep to practice for an interview for an internship. If there's only one thing I get this year...the internship is it :D

If I get it (find out Monday)...i'll be selling the coilovers, but for what I'm not telling :D

Got the motor on its own weight, and the upper link in the 3 link halfway done...yeah thats about it...ugh.

Well, been slowly chugging along...and have pics but it will be a day or two before I can get them posted.

Got the 3-link pretty much knocked out minus the Panhard...which is going to be an adventure to say the LEAST to get it in.

Got the hydro ram and its truss pretty much knocked out as well, so once i get the panhard done, some more work on the ram truss, and finish the frame end upper link mount on the 3-link...time to get the rest of the tubework done!

There's been one major change in the build since I just landed a KILLER internship with a medical device company in Boulder...i'm ditching the coilovers for something...better...:firedevil:

Well, been slowly chugging along...and have pics but it will be a day or two before I can get them posted.

Got the 3-link pretty much knocked out minus the Panhard...which is going to be an adventure to say the LEAST to get it in.

Got the hydro ram and its truss pretty much knocked out as well, so once i get the panhard done, some more work on the ram truss, and finish the frame end upper link mount on the 3-link...time to get the rest of the tubework done!

There's been one major change in the build since I just landed a KILLER internship with a medical device company in Boulder...i'm ditching the coilovers for something...better...:firedevil:

stock coils with Rancho R5000's????

And now for an update...with pictures :D (I really need to figure out how to resize all my pics in photobucket...)

Engine mounts...
XJuggy003.jpg

XJuggy004.jpg

Had to turn these out on a lathe for the poly bushings I'm using for the engine mounts...I don't even want to mention how long it took me to turn 4 of these out :cry:
XJuggy002.jpg

Frame side upper link mount started...still need to finish it up...
XJuggy007.jpg

Some views on how fun this link was to fit, mind you this was a basically full bump
XJuggy020.jpg

XJuggy021.jpg

Last edited:
Starting ram mock up...
XJuggy012.jpg

XJuggy018.jpg

And ding...done!
XJuggy023.jpg

XJuggy024.jpg

You can see in this picture that me ram is well...rather close to the diff cover, but something I'm willing to compromise with for better steering angles
XJuggy025.jpg

And finally...some rough previews of what it will look like :D
XJuggy027.jpg

XJuggy026.jpg

Last edited:
Loving how it's coming, now it might be in your thread but I missed it, so I'll ask anyway. Is this your ride height this is set up on or is this sitting at full bump?

Oh man, I think I like that!

Decisions, decisions!

I dunno, your completely missing your crank pulley in that pic!!
engine with no working accessories, just to be a little more narrow??

not worth it.

coming along nicely.

Back