• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June is RORP Appreciation month

IntrepidXJ said:
:D

yeah, it's only the back 40 section that will be affected (as far as i can tell). that's just one section of the park.
So the "Wilderness" area is unaffected?

Thought that was interesting. Can't remember the name, something Gultch.

So, still unanswered is what kind of treachery?

Zuki-Ron said:
So the "Wilderness" area is unaffected?

Thought that was interesting. Can't remember the name, something Gultch.

So, still unanswered is what kind of treachery?
I believe Wolves Wilderness will be unaffected, that's where Beggar's Gulch (3star) is located. Don't know if you've been through Beggar's lately, but Tom did some work in it to return it to it's 3star status.

The treachery is they had the land sold out from underneath them, the land comprising the Back 40 and Tall Dog. Lots of good obstacle areas like T-bucket and Cannonball will no longer be available after the end of this month.

RORP had leased this property for years, and had a verbal agreement for it's purchase until the original property owner's heirs got money hungry. Then the IL DNR backed out on the Trails Grant promised to Tom and Debbie, reimbursement funds that were earmarked for projects already completed or underway.:geek:

arriving Friday afternoon.
bringing a Rubi and a TJ

...BOB

The plan is to do a Father's Day run with TRJC on Saturday and then run Rockport on Sunday. I've got most of the new steering setup in place now. Tomorrow night I plan to button everything up, fill and prime the pump and box, run the new long belt, then fire her up for a test.
So where are some of you guys staying?

What Rd said:
The plan is to do a Father's Day run with TRJC on Saturday and then run Rockport on Sunday. I've got most of the new steering setup in place now. Tomorrow night I plan to button everything up, fill and prime the pump and box, run the new long belt, then fire her up for a test.
So where are some of you guys staying?

You might want to check your calendar Jeff.

Last I checked, Fathers day was this past weekend.

:rof:

Haleyes said:
You might want to check your calendar Jeff.

Last I checked, Fathers day was this past weekend.

:rof:

You know what? You're right! But the TRJC Father's Day Run is this coming weekend. They also hold the "better late than never 4th of July run" sometime in September every year. Do I know why? No. Do I care? I barely care about the really important sheit . . . .

So - you coming?

What Rd said:
So - you coming?

I wish I was.

I'm sure you'll have a good time without me.:rof:

I'll be doing good to make Carnagefest!

We're staying in Louisiana, MO Hotel

I will have a green XJ, winch, roof rack.
I will have two friends, A white Rubi with a winch
and a Black TJ

...BOB

The closest motels would have to be in Pittsfield (though I haven't actually checked). It's about 15 minutes or so from town to the park. There are a couple of lower-cost places called Motel Pike and Green Acres. They're fine for a wheeling weekend, but definitely nothing fancy. If you have a wife or girlfriend (or particularly strong feminine side) who wants someplace a little nicer, there's a great little place called Monroe Street Suites. They only have six rooms, and they are always very clean and nicely decorated. The couple that runs the place, Frank and Judy Kremer, have been super accomodating to me - holding their wheelchair accessible room for me even during the TRJC's two public events each year. I have no interest in the place other than as a very satisfied customer. Their number is 217-285-6129. Pittsfield also has several B&Bs and homes that let rooms to wheelers. I haven't kept any of that info, but if interested I'm sure you could get contact info from the Pike County Chamber of Commerce by calling directory assistance.

thanks for the info What RD. i will be solo this time, my wife never goes but sometimes one of my kids goes along. my oldest son now lives in Chicago and my youngest will be out of town. i hate going that far without a co-pilot, but oh well. i'll probably wing it on the motel deal, i may go for the closest or go a little further for something nice?

Unfortunately, the best I can get is leaving home at dawn and head down for Sunday to get there at 9:00. Will people be around on Sunday wanting to run moderate trails? Am I welcome even though I am not yet an NAXJA member?

I Just bolted up my 3.5" lift and my ltb's I was thinking about heading East to Attica the 24-25th to test out the jeep but I think if there's a bunch of folks heading to RORP then maybe there might be some room for a noob to fall in somewhere... maybe?!?!? I know no one in my area (Springfield, IL) interested in wheeling. I might as well get out to to Rockport and see her in her last days of Glory

everyone is welcome.
just look for us.
the weather outlook is improving!

I am wheeling all day Saturday and Sunday

...BOB

cruizer8525 said:
I know no one in my area (Springfield, IL) interested in wheeling.
There are several NAXJA members (and users - but each of them only counts as 3/5 of a wheeler) in the vicinity of Springfield. I'm in Athens and will be there this weekend. TRL WGN may be there as well. Welcome to the fun of wheeling an XJ!

heck you guys, it's a public park, anyone can go. all we have to do is follow the park rules, behave ourselves, and wheel. i might be up for "moderate trails" on sunday if i'm still around. i'm not sure what qualifies for "moderate" trails at rorp, but i guess we'll find out. i live a lot closer to rockport than attic, but have never been to rockport yet, been to attica several times, go figure. just guesstimating fuel, i figure it will cost more to drive down and back than it will to stay in a Marriott!! Bob mentioned the weather, last i heard it is supposed to clear off later today and cool off also.

Back