• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jumped ship and Caught a Ride on the Traitor Train

It's so nice to pull the front clip and actually get to the engine. Installed the motor mounts. Replacing the water pump, hoses, thermostat, and radiator. Built some brackets for the front brake lines and secured the hard line around the frame. Installed the hydro box and it looks like the PSC super pump I have been hoarding for years will fit. Exhaust manifold is cracked (go figure) so the one from the Cherokee is going on. I got a lot done today but much more to go...

I see the box from Swag, is that the drop down tailgate conversion? If so, I've heard nothing good about them and you should bring it to Arvada for me. ;)

Fire fighters might be sketchy, but those Jeff Co LEO's are straight up crooked. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire fighters might be sketchy, but those Jeff Co LEO's are straight up crooked. :D

Yeah and those National Guard guys can't make up their minds....... Straight up? Or crooked? Can't be both.......... :twak:

:D

You better check your tone....

Come and make me........ :moon:

Out with the 8.8. Making room for 5'' stretch and the Rock Jock 60.
YJRear.jpg

What you doing with the 8.8? :D

Good progress man, I'm digging it. What are you doing for suspension in the rear?

What you doing with the 8.8? :D

Good progress man, I'm digging it. What are you doing for suspension in the rear?

8.8 is sold and going to it's new owner tomorrow. I am using the Alcans it came with, leaving it spring under for now, and moving this back 5''. I'll be using a Deaver style U bolt set up (reversal with some other neat tricks) to bolt it all together. Eventually I will do a four link with coil overs or ORI's.

How are those seats do you like them?

I have no idea on either question. I have a new set of heated Mastercrafts coming anyway and a buddy is taking these for his tin top Sammi. I unloaded this thing off the trailer and drove it to the shop. That's all the time I have in them.

Making progress. Most of the mechanical stuff will be done this week. Rock Jock is in, stretch is done, boatsides done, front fenders are getting painted, lots of little things to finish. Tick tock, the time is growing short!
YJ1.jpg

YJ2.jpg

Looks good man

The Tailgat is the SWAG Offroad conversion on a factory tailgate.

Corner guards and boatsides look like GenRight to me, but I can't say for certain.

Corner guards are Poison Spyder with some wheel well "adjustments" via the plasma.
Boatsides are Moab 4x4 Outpost
Tailgate has the Swag drop down conversion and we skinned the rest of it with 3/16's since it was dented. I like the flat look.

Back