• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jimgrms' WJ Build Thread

your speedo, unlike in an XJ, will require one of those pricey piggyback computers or a flash to correct, as it comes off the tone ring for the ABS, not the t-case, so you can't just swap gears... bummer. I was hoping the 3.73 gear change might offset the tire size and get you close.

Went through a area with a mph readout on the side of the road.and it was only 1 mph or so off , thats close enough. Leo's at the speed traps are sleeping any way )))

Went on the ram run sunday , being i am 6 " wider than a xj i didn"t try the canyon ,But aside from rubbing every thing was good to go,gonna have some stock springs and 2 1/2 " spacers for sale real soon Jeep dude

ok cool, Id like to raise mine about your current height. I run 245/75R16 Duratracs now so they would rub if I were to take it off road. The tires are almost stuffed in there now. So yeah Jim let me know when your ready!!

lol, Jim, I guess you decided to spend a grand instead of trimming, huh? 4" is going to require more driveshaft work, adjustable trac bar, a-arm spacer in the rear, new shocks, new front control arms... or, you could spend a few bucks on a razor knife! Either way, its looking great man, I'm jealous you made it out this weekend.

lol, Jim, I guess you decided to spend a grand instead of trimming, huh? 4" is going to require more driveshaft work, adjustable trac bar, a-arm spacer in the rear, new shocks, new front control arms... or, you could spend a few bucks on a razor knife! Either way, its looking great man, I'm jealous you made it out this weekend.
He has the track bar and rear axle spacer already. Shocks might become an issue at 4 inch.

Jim, I think you're right - it's the Goatee. Thing is, the soccer moms all think that you're Colonel Sanders, come back to life, and they want discounts on food for the kiddies.

colonel-sanders-with-cheerleaders-s.jpg

This look familiar?

Last edited:
Jim, I think you're right - it's the Goatee. Thing is, the soccer moms all think that you're Colonel Sanders, come back to life, and they want discounts on food for the kiddies.

colonel-sanders-with-cheerleaders-s.jpg

This look familiar?

Nope i got way more class, also i got 99%of the rubbing gone ,so no more lifting and thoswe girls need lot of help ,they ain't even close to being a soccer mom

nice. I think Frank's going to cook me some later in the week...

I finished up jim's tire carrier today. It wasn't too bad to make until I had to fit the damn bumper skin back over it, and I admittedly could have don e a better job of trimming it out to clear the swing arm. Still, all in all I think it turned out great and I even managed to make sure that you can still open the glass with out having to open the tire carrier.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

Made it home without the spare falling off or breaking the back window , doesn't vibrate or rattle still can see out the back. can't find anything to complain about Thanks Dutch

Back