• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep MJ trailer

JeepDad

NAXJA Forum User
New, nice, kinda cool too. $1200
Here's some pics, if I do this right.
Code:
[URL="http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6762&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0"]http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6762&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/URL][URL="http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6762&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0"]
[/URL]

4x4fish said:
Does that blue mj belong to Doug?
Yeah it does. The bulk of the trailer parts used to belong to him too. The trail pics are from the hills southwest of L and 90th last week. We pulled the trailer up the steepest we could find.

JeepDad said:
Yeah it does. The bulk of the trailer parts used to belong to him too. The trail pics are from the hills southwest of L and 90th last week. We pulled the trailer up the steepest we could find.
Oh, I think I go to QHHS with him, we are in autoshop. He helped me do a brake job on my xj. I heard there is some pretty steep stuff up in the QH mountains!

JeepDad said:
I wish I didn't have to sell it. That sure wasn't my goal. But stuff happens and priorities change.

I wish it was a longbed.....

Curt

I wish it was a longbed.....
I did too until it was finished. As is, with all the stuff on the front it will wheelie if I sit on the tailgate. Now I know why commercially made trailers have real short leaf springs: Long ones act like the load leveling bars on a RV hitch. The load pivot point is actually moved closer to the front leaf mount, not the center of the axle as weight is applied to the rear. I think another foot of leverage behind the springs would make loading even trickier.:lecture:
I found that even a short bed will hold a full sized 4X4 quad or a caddy-cornered motorcycle with the tailgate closed.
:party: 4X4Fish: Doug will have his race bike in the MJ trailer at school this Friday. We're leaving straight from there for a weekend of wheeling and racing at the Dirt Digger's Place off 395.

JeepDad said:
I did too until it was finished. As is, with all the stuff on the front it will wheelie if I sit on the tailgate. Now I know why commercially made trailers have real short leaf springs: Long ones act like the load leveling bars on a RV hitch. The load pivot point is actually moved closer to the front leaf mount, not the center of the axle as weight is applied to the rear. I think another foot of leverage behind the springs would make loading even trickier.:lecture:
I found that even a short bed will hold a full sized 4X4 quad or a caddy-cornered motorcycle with the tailgate closed.
:party: 4X4Fish: Doug will have his race bike in the MJ trailer at school this Friday. We're leaving straight from there for a weekend of wheeling and racing at the Dirt Digger's Place off 395.
Sweet, I'll come check it out!

4x4fish said:
I saw it today! That thing is awesome! I really wish I had the money to buy it. Oh yeah, I opened the gas cap, was that an air compressor in there?
Later, Matt
No, I have a 20lb CO2 tank for it that isn't installed yet. M/C racing season snuck up on us and cut down on our project time. We towed the trailer out to the desert loaded with firewood, gear, and everything else we could fit. Having real suspension makes for a nice ride, even over desert washboard and whoops.

JeepDad said:
No, I have a 20lb CO2 tank for it that isn't installed yet. M/C racing season snuck up on us and cut down on our project time. We towed the trailer out to the desert loaded with firewood, gear, and everything else we could fit. Having real suspension makes for a nice ride, even over desert washboard and whoops.
Yeah, I talked with Doug about it today. Having real suspension is awesome. Hopefully you will find a good home for it!
Later, Matt

One last bump::rolleyes:
285667503.jpg

I can't believe no ones bought it yet!! It will sell soon! Oh yeah, I saw Doug's MJ at school yesterday and I thought he had gotten a paint job, I heard you guys got stuck in a mud pit, where did you go. My XJ's been to white lately, I need some mud. I havn't been able to go rockcrawling lately due to overheating problems=( Good luck, Matt

Back