• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR's new standard rear bumper

Ronbo

NAXJA Forum User
Woke up early to unwrap the bumper:
IMG_1552.jpg

I reused the factory nutstrip, but in order to mount the bracket, I had to cut the rear most nut, which is not used anyway:
IMG_1556.JPG

I had to drill a hole through the factory skid in order to mount the JCR unibody tie-in bracket. Luckily, the factory already has a threaded nut in the frame rail just for that:
IMG_1557.JPG

Then I mounted it up prior to paint just to check the fit. It's an easy one man operation. The bumper is easily adjustable up/down, left/right and in/out at the top and bottom of the bumper. Nice touch that makes it easy to fit an XJ with tons of miles on it. It even lined up perfectly with the lower quarter guards from another mfg that have been on for years.
IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

The bumper adjusts closer to the body than depicted by this picture, but I didn't want to do the final tightening because it came right back off for paint. I've broken a few tailights and ripped the OEM bumper off, so it's a little tweaked.
IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

Next up paint, and mount the rear facing lights. Couldn't be happier, especially for the price. Congrats JCR!

Nice

I just put my new front winch bumper on from them today. :thumbup:

Thanks for posting this, was thinking of getting that bumper.

That....... is a beautiful bumper. :thumbup:

Final shots with paint and supplied lights installed:
IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

Already had a compliment from the wifey.... :sunshine:

I really like the bumper I think I need to add that to my wish list :D

I like the compound angles on the face of the bumper. Looks cool!

That looks really good! JCR has come a long way since their original bumpers. That bumper seems cooler than my rigidco with having those holes for lights.

Looks real good - how did you paint it? I used JCR's recommended method of self etching primer (Duplicolor) and black Rustoleum semi-gloss and the paint is coming off en masse and the bumper is beginning to rust.

Pissed off because i need to drop the bumper and repaint it. Dont want to have to do it again so I'd like to get it right this time. Thinking about using bedliner instead of paint.

I've found Rustoleum paints don't mix well with other brands. Try using same brand paints, and if possible roll/brush on instead of spray.

I must say, this new generation of the rear bumpers looks much better than the last. I really didn't like the last generation.

:thumbup:

Back