• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Gas Tank Skid = no muffler mount?

You mean the ones that had bare metal exposed when every other competitors springs come as a finished product? Hey, I have an idea. You should start a thread about kastein's rules for posting on the internet. This way, we all know exactly how you handle every situation and can conform to your standards.

Give it a rest man. I received a crappy product from Deaver and figured others should know about it. I'm fairly sure that's one of the goals of a forum.

Yes [size=+1]you[/size] are missing something. Go to napa and buy a $15 exhaust hanger (Part number EXH 36377) and you will get the piece of metal that mounts the hanger, shown below. Then just mount it on the outside of the skid.

151963.jpg

I guess you're trying to insinuate that I called JCR bad guys? My Jeep was missing a part. I think it's fairly clear that JCR isn't responsible for making sure customers have that part.

If kastein hadn't arrive to lecture me on how to use internet forums, I think this thread would have gone from me asking if I had missed something during the install, to a couple people suggesting some solutions, to me suggesting companies use a virtual phone system to be able to move business calls offsite, to Begster informing me I was missing something, to it being resolved and the interwebs all learning that Part # EXH 36377 is needed.

Chiming in late....

Sorry for the delayed response. This last Sunday night we had a freak ice storm hit Kalamazoo. It knocked power out for more then 70,000 people, including our homes and our shop. We finally got power back at the shop Wednesday (although it did go back out again). So we have only been working for 1.5 days this week.

It was complete mess in Kalamazoo this week. We had a lot of issues to worry about with our houses being without Electricity or Heat for nearly 3 days. The last thing on our mind was trying to answer JCR's phone when we can't check anything without our work computers :doh:

Anyways...
From what we have seen, XJ's use three different types of exhaust mounts. All three work with our tank skids. Your jeep is missing the above posted part of the hanger. Luckily you can pick it up from Napa.

Now back to trying to get our shop in order.

My apologies... I probably shouldn't have been that much of a jackass.

Not trying to say how you should use internet forums, I gave a possible cheap technical solution and was told that a rubber mount is hard to weld to, so I described it again, among other things.

Thanks so much for the part number, I'm putting it on our site now. :D

Monkey, that's a Walker part number if that helps. The OE part number is 52101097AC for that style, and the stupid rod/rubber block mount (specific to 97?) is 52019543ab, although I'd suggest no one use it, since the other mount can be made to work with just your basic clamp.

Back