• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jacks Pass March 11th

I am not sure if anyone else had a chance to walk up to the front of my rig when we got to our last turn around spot? Most of us were working on extracting every single jeep that tried to turn around:) Anyway, I did not get a photo (I was playing in the snow with my kids) but the snow I was pushing was at the very top of my winch (which is right below the top of my grill. The snow did pack very nicely, and the snow balls and snow men were a great testiment to that.

John, Thanks for the wonderful photos!!
I did take a few but they were all of my kids making snow angles.

Where are the pic's of me making the circle around the tree's??

Thanks again for a great trip folks.
Michael

For the record - In Ian's defense. His strap was out because he gave me a tug at the loop area where we ate lunch before our jaunt to the turn around point. I never saw him get stuck and he executed the turn around perfectly.

Thank you for allowing the heavy ZJ to join in the fun. Today it is back in service as the wife's grocery getter. :sad1:

Tracey.

DSCF2538.jpg

DSCF2530.jpg

How could I forget the birthday boy.

DSCF2517.jpg

2xtreme said:
Most of us were working on extracting every single jeep that tried to turn around:) Michael

I was wrong. I appologize. Neither Hans or Howard ever even got to the turn around :) Not sure what they were doing on their own in the woods, thank goodness there are no photos of that! And Myself, Tracy and Ian all made the turn around with no issues.

For the record, I believe that my siped and grooved tires were more useful on this trip than the rear locker.

My favorite pic's are the ones with jeeps with tow straps on both ends:)

Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
I was able to get turned around fine...it was when I tried to expand the turn-around area that I got stuck! That was so much fun, I think we should try one more snow run before the season's over. Who's in?

-----Matt-----

I might be in for next weekend. How about a night run next Saturday night? ;) I can probably get Matt and Larry in. Bring lots of warm stuff and be prepared for snow camping. :D

Back