• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jacks Pass March 11th

Without a doubt. Even if there isn't any snow(VERY unlikely) Atleast I will get to the top then.:)

Does anyone have a GPS or altimeter that is going on this run? I would like the get some altitude reads for future reference.

Hans

XJourney said:
Without a doubt. Even if there isn't any snow(VERY unlikely) Atleast I will get to the top then.:)

Does anyone have a GPS or altimeter that is going on this run? I would like the get some altitude reads for future reference.

Hans
I'll be bringing mine, and I think that Phil is going and bringing his also.

XJourney said:
Well that is curious. Because according to National Weather Service the town of Index is at 2808 ft and Jacks Pass is much higher then that. I know that the Weather Service isn't who I should check for elevations, but you would think that they would be close.

Check it out, also check out the weather:
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forec...61&wfo=sew&dgtl=1&lat=47.82083&lon=-121.55389

Index is at about 600ft...and Jack (non-possessive, official spelling) Pass is at about 2850ft. Willing to bet it's either a typo or that's the elevation where the station is located.

Matt98XJ said:
How thick is the snow up there this time of year? Anybody gonna be running chains?

I would bet that there is at least a couple of feet(2'-4'), More then enought to make it a challenge. Here is a link from Nov

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70889&page=2&highlight=Snow

As for chains I did last time, but probably won't this time. Most of the time chains go in the rear of the group so that the front guys can float.

Directions to Dutch Cup in Sultan:

I assume everyone can find US-2, head EAST through Monroe(gas up here), continue about 8 miles into Sultan. The Dutch Cup is on the LEFT side of the road as you start going up hill to leave town. There is a huge Windmill(fake) on the LEFT, next to the restaraunt.

Hope to be departing the Dutch Cup at 9:00am, so top off your tank before hand. If your going to be late give me a call on my cell (360)220-6265

Who is coming????
Xjourney
IXNAYXJ
Sniggs
2Xtreme
Scott (?)
Marc (?)
Swifty088
Wrecked (?)
Slacker87xj
Muddyxj (?)
Hards91xj (?)
GIJohn
Matt98xj (?)

9:00am sounds great. Yes, we will attempt to get to the top:)

Scott is not coming.
Marc is coming.

I also have a friend with a Grand Cherokee on 32's who is planning on coming.

My truck is almost ready. I have to make a couple of mods to my cat and I would like to fix one of my tires that can't hold air to save it's life. I should also check the alignment but I can survive if I do not get to it before this trip.

Make sure you bring warm clothes, extra food, chains if you have them, and sleds!!

Michael

Just to add.
I will have chains but have no intention of using them. They are good for those who have less agressive tires and are in the back of the group. They are also important for extraction purposes also.

I will have GPS with me as well.

Index is well above 600ft in elevation!!

Stock vehicles are welcome (don't expect to get quite as far). Lockers make little difference in the snow.

Michael

ECKSJAY said:
Weird, Google Earth says 544ft, Delorme Topo USA shows it at 570ft. Of course I'm looking at center of town. ;)

How is that possibly true?? I was always taught to make sure that answers were logical. There is nothing logical about Index being at less than 600ft elevation!!

I guess we will find out on Sat!

New update:
Marc will not be coming after all.

I will be there, and a friend with a GC on 32's will be there.

My cat is done, tire fixed. Now I need to do a slight alignment and rotate and fix accouple of other tires:) the list is endless isn't it!!

Michael

For what it's worth the elevation of Jack Pass is 2589' according to TOPO map software. I've been wanting to try a snow run but have been too busy to deal with getting a front tow point installed. Hopefully that will be resolved soon. Have a great trip!

Steve

I'm not going to make it. Jeep got broken into, now I have to fork out 100 bucks to get a new window. All they stole was a cd player, that didn't even work. Karma.

Matt98XJ said:
I'm not going to make it. Jeep got broken into, now I have to fork out 100 bucks to get a new window. All they stole was a cd player, that didn't even work. Karma.

Man that sucks, I hope the perp gets what he deserves.

See you next time

Back