• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Critical Path Long Arm

Wow, that looks great.

My whole dash rattles, and It sounds like I've hit a child when I take big bumps up front. Im on 4 inches with short arms.

Does yours soak up big hits better now? How's the sway?

Wow, that looks great.

My whole dash rattles, and It sounds like I've hit a child when I take big bumps up front. Im on 4 inches with short arms.

Does yours soak up big hits better now? How's the sway?

It really does. I can hit the drainage dips in my neighborhood at normal speed with little drama. I have to slow down a bit in stock 07 Xterra.

Sway is not bad with the s.b. hooked up. The truck is very manageable at speed.

Last edited:
I went wheeling last night on Elvis in FLorence Junction. It was the perfect shakedown run and got to test out the suspension. My new bumpstops work great and the shocks smoothed out all but the biggest washboard. Driving the Jeep off-road is finally a joy. I am 100% sold on this I.R.O. Kit. The Rough COuntry leafs in the back felt smoother on my drive home.

The only issue is the LCA buckets contacting the new Long Arms. They must be cut off. Its fine by me because I am in love with this kit and will never go back to short arms.
IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

I have noticed that the tire noise is increased only up to speeds of about 25mph. There have been no other issues with this kit to speak of. But now it looks like I have to sell the Jeep! I just bought a '00 WJ V8. I really want to keep the XJ as my weekend toy.

I have noticed that the tire noise is increased only up to speeds of about 25mph. There have been no other issues with this kit to speak of. But now it looks like I have to sell the Jeep! I just bought a '00 WJ V8. I really want to keep the XJ as my weekend toy.

Can I buy the IRO LA from yo if you sell the jeep?
PM if you want to.

definetly cut off the old LCA brackets, go slow and use a good cutting wheel on your grinder. dont cut too close to your unibody though

I am pretty new to Jeeps and long arm suspension kits, I mean I understand what they are and how they work but just one question...The passenger side uses no upper control arm? Why?

Nope, not going to part it out. Im desperately trying to convince the wifey we need to keep the jeep. She's reeeeaaal happy I just spent $1500 on it too. I've only wheeled it once with the new suspension!!

Yeesh, hard to say who has the freedom: single & broke, or married with a budget...

To be clear, ride is much improved, especially off-road. Wash boards and large bumps on the fire roads are no longer a problem. KTM Racer explain how improved suspension geometry does not help the ride on lifted vehicles.

Back