• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Man control arms?

Any updates from you guys running these? I've been looking at the Iron Man uca's....I'm just a little worried about the poly bushings on them. Searching on here, theres people that say poly bushings are bad, but others say they don't really hurt anything.
Well his are tapered which allow more flex and have grease veins also for better lubing of the bushing.

Ok. Are you running them builder? I'm not worried too much about them limiting flex, but some people on here said that they could possibly cause stress to the mounts and possibly try to tear them off when flexing. Is there any evidence behind this?

Ok. Are you running them builder? I'm not worried too much about them limiting flex, but some people on here said that they could possibly cause stress to the mounts and possibly try to tear them off when flexing. Is there any evidence behind this?
BDS uses poly in all there control arms ..a member i know runs there L/A set up with no problems. and yes i am buying iron man uppers.with the tapered sleeves i dont see that happening..and regular greasing also..

BDS uses poly in all there control arms ..a member i know runs there L/A set up with no problems. and yes i am buying iron man uppers.with the tapered sleeves i dont see that happening..and regular greasing also..

Ok. Thanks for your help! I didnt really think it would try to tear off the mounts, but I did read it on here when I searched so I wanted to make sure.

Ok. Thanks for your help! I didnt really think it would try to tear off the mounts, but I did read it on here when I searched so I wanted to make sure.

Any CA could potentially tear your mounts off. The factory mounts are not welded much and routinely get ripped, torn or bent when offroading. Now that being said, Andy, Iranman helped do all my building on my 3 link set up and both my D44 and D60 install. He builds good stuff and stands behind it.

I noticed that IronMan just posted up some long arm kits, would that be something I would need eventually?? UGH There soo many things to learn about these jeeps

It depends, how high are you planning on going? Anything over 4.5" seems like a good candidate for long arms.

X2 or if you like a nicer ride. The long arms help smooth out the ride imho too.

I have been running his arms for a while now, I am happy I didn't go with a more expensive solution. I will say that the finish on them is as cheap as it gets, mine are piles of rust and maybe 4 months old. I would paint them yourself before you install them. The bushings don't seem to hinder flex at all.

I have been running his arms for a while now, I am happy I didn't go with a more expensive solution. I will say that the finish on them is as cheap as it gets, mine are piles of rust and maybe 4 months old. I would paint them yourself before you install them. The bushings don't seem to hinder flex at all.

This surprises me, I have some long arms he built and they are 2 years old and only show scratches and rust where they have scratches.

Andy, Iranman helped do all my building on my 3 link set up and both my D44 and D60 install.

This surprises me, I have some long arms he built and they are 2 years old and only show scratches and rust where they have scratches.

maybe the quality went down when Andy changed from Ironman to Iranman...
:D:D

jonzer12, I see your location is Canada. I'm sure anything would Rust Up in the great white north, especially in Canada. When I lived up north, where they salted the roads in the winter, new cars would be Rust Buckets in about 3 years. Floor boards became nonexistent. However, that was 25 years ago. I'm sure the newer vehicles fair better with the new technology of ionizing undercoats and paints used today.

I have used Iron Man 4x4's, Andy's, stuff for the last year or longer. They Flex really well, are extremely well built, are a Fantastic Value, and are very quiet. I have scratches on my Control Arms. No big deal. Only where they are scratched is there slight rust, however, I live in Florida not Canada. As for them being painted, loads of Aftermarket Parts come painted and loads of Control Arms do as well. A person can Chip and/or scratch up Powder Coat as well. Andy (Iron Man 4x4) just told me, when I ordered more parts, that he has just set up a newly designed Powder Coating System and will be testing it out.

I have some more product from him being sent out today I hope. I am very excited about getting it all. I either have or have ordered most everything he has because I can not find anywhere where the quality matches his at his prices. He uses Quality Bushings and Flex-Joints. As for his Tapered Bushings... plenty of flex and NO squeaking. The only noise I hear while flexing are my leaf springs in the back.

Hope this helps.

The original Ebay link doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have a link to his ebay store or his website?

Thanks,

John

Here is a previous posting on a different thread. Hope it helps.

I just Talked with Andy and he said he has Flex-Joints and will be Able to get more as needed. He also gave me his New Website Address.

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/

XJ_FUCA.jpg

þ Precision machined from 1" solid steel.

þ 5.75 inches of thread for up to 4 inches of adjustment.

þ Usable from stock height up to 8+ inches of lift.

þ Utilizes polyurethane bushings with our exclusive tapered bushing sleeves for 20% more flex than stand poly and rubber setups.

$114.50+ $16.00 Shipping

XJ_LCA.jpg

þ These arms are very strong! They are machined from one piece of 1.25" solid!
þ All welds are precision pulse mig welded. Bushings are polyurethane with grease veins and grease fittings.
þ Adjustable from 16"-20" eye-to-eye and weigh 16 lbs per pair.
þ 5 inches of 1.25 x 12 TPI provides 4" of adjustment for up to an 8" lift or more!
þ You can scoot your front axle forward with a smaller lift to run bigger tires.

$139.50+ $20.00 Shipping

XJ_FULCA.jpg

UPPER:
þ Precision machined from 1" solid steel.
þ 5.75 inches of thread for up to 4 inches of adjustment.
þ Usable from stock height up to 8+ inches of lift.
þ Utilizes polyurethane bushings with our exclusive tapered bushing sleeves for 20% more flex than stand poly and rubber setups.

LOWER:
þ Precision machined from one piece of 1.25" solid.
þ All welds are precision pulse mig welded.
þ Bushings are polyurethane with grease veins and grease fittings.
þ Thread is 1.25 x 12 TPI.
þ These are overbuilt and comparable to the strength of most long arm kits.
þ Compare to any other control arm manufacturer.
þ Adjustable from 16"-20" eye-to-eye.
þ These weigh 16-lbs per pair.
þ 5" of thread means 4" of adjustment for up to an 8" lift or more.
þ You can also scoot your front axle forward with a smaller lift to run bigger tires.

$249.50+ $20.00 Shipping

XJ_LCA(F).jpg

þ These arms are very strong! They are machined from one piece of 1.25" solid!
þ All welds are precision pulse mig welded. Bushings are polyurethane with grease veins and grease fittings.
þ Adjustable from 16"-20" eye-to-eye and weigh 16 lbs per pair.
þ 5 inches of 1.25 x 12 TPI provides 4" of adjustment for up to an 8" lift or more!
þ You can scoot your front axle forward with a smaller lift to run bigger tires.

$179.50+ $20.00 Shipping

Hopes this helps

Last edited:
does anyone have a four inch lift with these arms. im trying to get a close to right length to use before i get under there. the arms look great and the price was right.

does anyone have a four inch lift with these arms. im trying to get a close to right length to use before i get under there. the arms look great and the price was right.

They should be measured Center Hole to Center Hole. Hope this helps.

4"
LCA - 16 3/8"
UCA - 15"

5"
LCA - 16 5/8"
UCA - 15¼"

6"
LCA - 17"
UCA - 15½"

7"
LCA - 17 3/8"
UCA - 15¾"

8"
LCA - 17¾"
UCA - 16"

9"
LCA - 18¼"
UCA - 16¼"

10"
LCA - 18¾"
UCA - 17"

these seem to be well made arms i just got his upper's and will be installing them tommorrow they did take a week to ship them out though ! the ship weight was 10lbs.

They should be measured Center Hole to Center Hole. Hope this helps.

4"
LCA - 16 3/8"
UCA - 15"

5"
LCA - 16 5/8"
UCA - 15¼"

6"
LCA - 17"
UCA - 15½"

7"
LCA - 17 3/8"
UCA - 15¾"

8"
LCA - 17¾"
UCA - 16"

9"
LCA - 18¼"
UCA - 16¼"

10"
LCA - 18¾"
UCA - 17"

thanks that will help a lot

Does anyone know if the uppers can be adjusted a little shorter than stock length?

Give Andy (Iron Man 4x4) a call at (704) 796-3502. He will fix you up. He fabs them order to order and will customize them to whatever a person needs. Sometimes he is so busy and can not hear the phone and sometimes his phone message box is full. You just have to keep trying. He is awesome to talk to and will talk to you about your build as well.

Give Andy (Iron Man 4x4) a call at (704) 796-3502. Like I said, just keep trying.

Hope this helps.

cher96 Vicki

Back