• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iraq.....Ugh.

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
I hate to say this but I think that Saddam Hussein was right the way he treated his people. I feel that an Iron fist and ZERO tolerance for revolt should be the norm in Iraq.

With just a shred of freedom, the Iraqis are revolting and destroying the lives of many of my brothers in arms. Yet we're there to help and rebuild.

Reminds me of Vietnam.

If they don't want to listen/change/abide by the law....pull out all of our troops, and turn that god-forsaken place to Glass.

Rant off.

We spent along time in Germany and Japan after 1946 to get their minds right.

We'll be there a while.

I feel for our boys, though.

CRASH

Yeah but we didn't have 20 different religious and political factions in Germany trying to fawk things up.Every little pissant Muslim cleric overthere thinks he should be running the country and everyone else should be 6 ft. under.

CRASH said:
We spent along time in Germany and Japan after 1946 to get their minds right.

GI-John said:
THEY DO NOT want to listen/change/abide by the law....LETS pull out all of our troops, and turn that ALREADY god-forsaken place to Glass.

Here let me fix that for you!

Oh and amen!

matt

GI-John said:
the Iraqis are revolting and destroying the lives of many of my brothers in arms. Yet we're there to help and rebuild.
Reminds me of Vietnam.
If they don't want to listen/change/abide by the law....pull out all of our troops, and turn that god-forsaken place to Glass.

I agree John. Our prayers are with them.

karstic said:
Yeah but we didn't have 20 different religious and political factions in Germany trying to fawk things up.Every little pissant Muslim cleric overthere thinks he should be running the country and everyone else should be 6 ft. under.
Really? I certainly remember many different Factions after us. Granted, I only spent about 1/3rd of my life in Germany.... but it was not all Bratwurst, Beer, and Buxom Women. It was not all safe. But not much talk goes on about the Cold War. Some people will always think it was all fun..... too much press I guess,

Gi_John, yeah, I feel for the folks *in country* at the moment. Wish them all the best.

Glenn

i agree. my buddy suggested we start a new course by planting moles (or people who are willing to live there for 20yrs) and let the clerics fight it out themselves...just when things return to saddam style (or however the clerics want things) the mole come out of hiding and give them a taste of the terrorism they are issueing upon us. sounds simplistic, but flying a commercial airplane into bin ladens parents house would send a nifty messege...no?

I'll see that Amen and raise y'all another Amen!

:us:

karstic said:

You just put your (keyboard) finger(s) on the crux of the problem. If the clerics weren't so busy telling the people that westerners are Satan and that they'll go straight to heaven if they kill "infidels," we wouldn't have a tenth of the problems we're facing. What they need to do (but there are probably ten thousand reasons they can't do it) is round up ALL the clerics, incarcerate them all, and import Muslim chaplains to explain the Koran to the Iraqi people in straight talk, not anti-western pseudo-religious propaganda.

If we're lucky, maybe the Sunni and Shiite clerics will wipe each other out while they're incarcerated, saving the world to cost of feeding and then executing them.

Yes, I know I'm a minister, but I become very upset at those who pervert the teachings of their own religion (or any other religion) for political purposes.

Eagle said:
Yes, I know I'm a minister, but I become very upset at those who pervert the teachings of their own religion (or any other religion) for political purposes.

1 Amen to Eagle.
1 Amen to John
A millon prayer to our troops.

Rev

I feel the same way. JIM.

Glenn said:
Really? I certainly remember many different Factions after us. Granted, I only spent about 1/3rd of my life in Germany.... but it was not all Bratwurst, Beer, and Buxom Women. It was not all safe. But not much talk goes on about the Cold War. Some people will always think it was all fun..... too much press I guess,
Glenn

Glenn if you were over there guarding the line during the Cold War I thank you and the relatives I have in Germany thank you. I think you may have missed my point.

GI-John said:

Rant off.

They should have done that in the first... "well.. we don't wanna waste time looking for him, let's just blow the whole dame country up!!"
Sorry... not in the military.. but i don't like whats going on right now...

Eagle said:
...they'll go straight to heaven if they kill "infidels,"...

You forgot to mention the dozens of virgins part... :D

RTicUL8 said:
You forgot to mention the dozens of virgins part... :D

True :twak:

Guess I'll have to brush up on the Qu'ran

i'm no mininster and definately not a religous person but, last time I checked all the religions teach suicide is a one way ticket to Hell! As for the troops, I think and pray for them daily. Jeepndmudd is there and keeps them all on my mind and prayer list.

Knew we were gonna have trouble when the Iraqui army just kind of stopped and walked away. You don´t win a war, by winning a battle, you do it by breaking there will to fight.
I´ve read Mao´s little Red book, Uncle Ho´s phamplets, What the Iraquis are doing, is right out of the book.
The Easter offensive they have going now, is probably patterned after the Tet offensive.
Tanks in the streets, snipers to shoot anybody, openly carrying a weapon, that´s not in uniform. A massive retaliation for any, offensive action by the inssurgents.
Radical surgery is often more humain in the long run, than various theropies and dancing around the problem.
Think throwing away lives in dribs and drabs, having the soldiers driving around in thin skinned vehicles, winning there minda and hearts, isn´t gonna work.
Like the man said, grab them by the testicals and there minds and hearts will follow right along.
Heard Al Jazzera today screaming about the poor Iraqui civilians, the Iraquis have killed more of there own civilians than we have. Besides for an insurgency to exist a major portion of the population has to provide support or they need outsaide assistance.
Get serious or get out.

Bush is such a piece of crap!!!! He took one of my best friends to Iraq. If he wants to get revenge for his daddy, he should go do it himself, the asshole.

Goonowsky said:
Bush is such a piece of crap!!!! He took one of my best friends to Iraq. If he wants to get revenge for his daddy, he should go do it himself, the asshole.
Wow, such an intelligent argument. NOT.

Your President did not take your friend away. Your friend did it on his own. If you think President Bush took your friend away, I would venture to guess you are pretty young?

BTW, your language is odd for a new person here. See what NAXJA is about before you go spouting off.

Back