• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iPhone 5

I work security so I have lots of free time and to fight the boredom i play games and surf the web with my iphone 4s. Dave if you are going from the 3gs to the 5 your mind is going to be blown by how much better it's going to be. I went from the 3gs to the 4s and it was crazy the difference in the way the apps ran and how much faster everything was. Plus siri can be fun if you ask her crazy questions.

I already have a 4s for my wife. She had a android of the same year as my 3GS and at the time my phone would work circles around her old android. It was picky always not working right and locking up. At times she would have to reset it 12 times a day just to make calls. I'm sure android has come a long way since but I just don't want to find out first hand. I don't mind the size of the current iPhone screen and love how easy it is to operate. In my family we have 1 3GS 2 4's a 4s and 4 iPads. I do have to admit we have problems with the iPhone 4 with reception problems where we live. Most likely when their out of contract they will be replaced with 4s models since there only $99. Now.

I agree with dr.moab you the buyer of the device shouldn't have to remove all the extra crap. That was a problem with my wife's last droid phone.

bloatware is def an issue. I might be wrong for saying this, but I also feel that having an iphone is a status symbol, not that anything is wrong with that.
I think Apple makess great products despite them charging out the wazoo for their stuff, but I have always wanted a mac.
Although Siri is pretty awesome, S voice has nothing on Siri

10420, I hope you can handle a early morning dose of the truth. Its not the phone, its just YOU.

I have no problem handling the truth. Im an engineer and have no problem operating a phone. I have a pc at home and love it and I write computer programs for a living. I speak from personal experience with 2 different devices that I have given a fair shot at both. Like I said I was really hoping the s3 would be great. Unfortunately in my opinion it was not. I liked the few extra options it had and the display was great. But it had many glitches that I would prefer not to deal with. It's just a phone and if I need to do serious work I am going to sit down at my desk and do it. Not try to do it on a phone.

Its the lack of options which make iOS devices run almost flawlessly though.

That's what I was talking about. It really comes down to this in the end. Do you want a phone that works great all the time with almost no hang ups but lacks some customization or do you want a phone you can do whatever you want with but will require you to constantly screw with it to make it work right.

Precisely my view on this.

i recently got rid of my samsung captivate for galaxy s 1
and got a 4s. i had the orignal iphone when it came out and liked it
then i jailbroke it and loved it. the android was a great phone i also unlocked it
and liked it more after. i used the new 4s for about a month before i jailbroke it
and its not nearly as much of a difference as when i jailbroke the original iphone
My biggest issue with the 4S or IOS really is the inability to delete pictures from you photo library from your phone with out syncing with itunes.
yes i know u can delete pictures from the camera roll but is it really that crazy to expect to be able to delete a photo from your so called smart phone with out having to connect it to a computer ? even after jailbraking the 4s and paying for different applications there is still no way to delete a picture from the photo library with out syncing with itunes.... :flamemad:

What's your reasons? I don't want to start a big piss match over whats better I just would like to know a few ihaters reasons.

1. Percieved "douchiness" eveyone i know with an iphone is overjoyed to show off their new status symbol, its the electronic equivalent of holding a starbucks cup

2. Gay white case ( yes, they have black now)

3. Apples system of proprietary everything, the users will like what we tell them to

1. Percieved "douchiness" eveyone i know with an iphone is overjoyed to show off their new status symbol, its the electronic equivalent of holding a starbucks cup

2. Gay white case ( yes, they have black now)

3. Apples system of proprietary everything, the users will like what we tell them to

I never bought idevices for any sort of status symbol. I never owned or touched a Mac before I bought my iPhone. I ended up with my iPhone because it was cheap. $50. With a 2 year contract. Then after that I bought my first iPad. Why? Because I was fed up with my kids always F'ing up the family pc with Facebook pop ups and plain old crap!

For me it has nothing to do with a status symbol it's reliability and ease of use.

You are a perfect example of an android guy that hates something he knows nothing about. The white cases came along way way after the black ones did.

Ok, maybe I was confused then.

I dislike iphone users that wont shut up about how much better apple is. its a phone, get over it

Well, my apologies to those I was rough on about their Android phones. I didn't realize it was that bad of an experience for many. Again, blame the providers. The phones are fantastic once you remove the crapware. It was one of the first things I did with my phone and it has never locked up on me and is rock solid. Just like an iphone ... only better. You guys are missing out.

Last edited:
I dislike iphone users that wont shut up about how much better apple is. its a phone, get over it

Read through this thread...or any other thread on the net comparing apple to android. That comment can be applied to both android and apple owners in equal parts. It's like Ford and Dodge diesels or Democrats and Republicans. The complaints against one from the other are equal and usually valid and no matter how hard you try you will never convince one to change to the other.

I do get a little irritated from owners of both platforms though when they make statements like you did in the quote above. Both platforms have their fan boys and both act just as stupid.

I'm not gonna tell anyone that my Iphones are Better, I have no problem with anybody choosing an android over an Iphone..

I dont hate Android "people" I hate Androids.. I've had nothing but Bad luck with the numerous androids i've had.

As far as battery life, My phone is 2 years old.. I bought it used.. and it still lasts 12-14 hours with above average useage.. Not great, But very respectable from my previous experiences with smart phones..

I miss the days where you only had to charge the stupid cell phone once a week=[

I miss being able to text with t9 on a flip phone in your pocket quickly. And maintaining a higher accuracy then a touch screen in your face!

Back