• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

XJeepness said:
Whats up guys. I am new to this board but not to XJ's. I have been meaning to get on the board for years but just never got around to it. I usually go wheeling at Rausch Creek every month. I run a local off road shop here in Aberdeen Maryland. Hope to see you guys on the trails soon.

John Rogers
jeepforumavatar.jpg

COM2.jpg

000_0112.jpg

Hi John,
Good to see you in the neighborhood. How is the Jeepspeed project going? I am the one that you got the 2wd axle from.

See you on the trails.
A.

howdy everyone my names trey, im from southeastern PA i just bought a 89 MJ all stock and looking into lifting it and what not. im not really new to four wheeling and jeeps i have a 94 ZJ on a 2" lift and 31s i just picked up the mj cuz it was cheap and always wanted one so i hope this site will be a world of info for me

hello everyone

my name is Thiago and Im from Puerto Rico and I have a 1995 cherokee 4 door 4x4 automatic 4.0L. I will be using it for work and some offroading,, I will be finalizing all the paperwork tomorrow. It has 117000 miles.

Greetings to all,
My name is Deane and I am from Auburn, Maine. I am the VP of Midcoast Jeep ~N~ ORV Club and I own a 1995 Jeep Cherokee.
l_ca022e2234ab4cd307ce9092cc7ffc9e.jpg

l_9742113dd3529aae82eecb11f3383df2.jpg

l_77821e08f71559804fd1365b834db301.jpg

l_9b7c9e7115e57d7f50c0865a905ba890.jpg

Greetings folks, name's Brad - I'm in Reading PA area. Had my Cherokee for about 5 years... its long since paid off so I figured I'd start investing in it a little further... now I'm seeing a long road of things I want to do. Just gonna take a while to get them done due to time / cash flow.

P1174009.jpg

What's up everyone,

My name is Todd Calhoun. Some of you already know me from past Nac-Fest events, as riding shotgun with Andy in Pa in the big purple cherokee. I recently bought Doug's red cherokee ( this is the guy that busted the front knuckle on rock creek last year ). I got his jeep and trailer for a great price. The jeep is already set up nicely, but I need to change the gears, so it can roll down the road better. It has a NV4500 5spd. trans, atlas t-case w/ twin sticks, 33's, locked front and rear, and a roll cage inside to make me feel better. Lots of dents on the doors, but it just adds character! I will be posting some pictures soon. I look forward to seeing everyone at Nac-Fest this year. :patriot: :wave1:

-Todd

knuckle_buster said:
My name is Todd Calhoun. Some of you already know me from past Nac-Fest events, as riding shotgun with Andy in Pa in the big purple cherokee. I recently bought Doug's red cherokee...
Hey Todd! How's it going? Rob with the exo'd green rig here.

That red rig was nice, I had wanted to trade t-cases with him. Any interest in a swap? :laugh3:
I can't remember if I ever heard, did he have any problems getting that front axle all put back together once he got home?

My name is Cipey and I live in Beachmont, Massachusetts (Borders north of Boston) I work Repo and vehicle recovery (you know, wreacker driver!!) Was wondering how to join your chapter. I joined a Cape Cod group a few months back and I am interested in this chapter also.

My rig:
Black,1998 XJ 4.0/I6

AW4 Tranny with cooler,
NP231HD Tranny with Teraflex SYE

5.5 inch Mongrel/Hybrid lift with parts from Rough Country, Tuff Country, DayStar, ect., ect. Adjustable Control arms,
Rusty's steering conversion, YJ Pitman Arm

1997 Ford 8.8 rear axle with disc brakes and Power Traxs no slip

Yukon and Superior 4.56 gears

Some guy from Texas Custom driveshaft

Olympic Front winch bumper and Olympic rear bumper with tire swing
Warn M8000 winch.

Riding on 32x11.5 inch mud tires on stock rims.

This week-----mounting TRXUS STS A/T's 33x12.5x15 on steel 15x8 rims (most of my driving is on the street [My DD] and muddy and sandy backroads...25% of the time moderate duty wheelin')

Working on an electric fan setup

62mm TB and Spacer on order

Need to componsate for those 4.56 gears and the bigger tires...hope to get a little more MPG with these bolt on engine mods.

Still have that snorkel in the box for that once a year that I have to go into the marsh to scout a stolen vehicle recovery, water gets pretty high and I don't want a hydrolock...pretty ugly!

Cipey said:
. . .Was wondering how to join your chapter?

Well, your name's in red, so consider yourself joined. No more :paperwork needed.

Plenty of NAC members in Massachusetts and the rest of New England, just keep paying attention to this Forum for opportunities to get together (e.g. meet and greet at Wright's coming up). There's usually a few rides put together by the guys up there for at least Western Mass and, if you've got the time, consider our annual NACFest weekend in Pennsylvania.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

nhrocker said:
Hey Todd! How's it going? Rob with the exo'd green rig here.

That red rig was nice, I had wanted to trade t-cases with him. Any interest in a swap? :laugh3:
I can't remember if I ever heard, did he have any problems getting that front axle all put back together once he got home?

Hey there Rob, good to hear from ya! Do I want to swap t-cases! uhhhhhhhhh - NO !!! :nono: When I got the jeep from Doug, it was still broken. So with Andy's help, we managed to find a replacemant knuckle courtesy of a chevy pickup we found in a junkyard, and a new set of moser alloy shafts inner and outer, Woo-Hoo! these things are huge. Sure hope I don't break one!

Talk to ya later,

-Todd

knuckle_buster said:
Hey there Rob, good to hear from ya! Do I want to swap t-cases! uhhhhhhhhh - NO !!! :nono: When I got the jeep from Doug, it was still broken. So with Andy's help, we managed to find a replacemant knuckle courtesy of a chevy pickup we found in a junkyard, and a new set of moser alloy shafts inner and outer, Woo-Hoo! these things are huge. Sure hope I don't break one!

Talk to ya later,

-Todd

Hey bubba!!!
Its about time you intro'ed... test-beat Feb. 23rd!!!

A.

Hey everyone,
Thought I'd post up since i just turned NAXJA red.
My first Jeep was a 92 XJ that I bought in 94. Sold it 11 years later with 265k on it. I did make a brief "detour" with a 97 TJ, but now I'm back in the fold with a Chili Pepper Red 99 XJ that I picked up in October with only 60k on it. I've added a RE 3.5" SuperFlex kit and some 31" BFG ATs on black painted Grizzlys. Need to add a few items and then it'll be ready to hit the trails.
You might see me on the road between the Poconos and Lehigh Valley areas.
I've learned a lot here over the years, so thanks!
-E.J.

Hi, Name's Drew, I'm a... wait, wrong forum.

I have been searching this forum a lot for the past few months, and have come up with some great info...Thanks to everyone for doing the grunt work, and leaving the searching for the rest of us!
I bought an '89 2 door, 5 speed, 231, 4.0 renix in Nov '06, for 500.00, drove it home, and took it apart. (biggest mistake I have ever made) Since then both doors, fenders, quarters, and most of the floor have been replaced. Now doing rockers in 3x4x1/8" tubing.

We have 4 U-Pull yards within 50 miles of here, so I have been able to score a few goodies, CHEAP!

ZJ rear discs...10.00
5.5" lift (RE I think) 100.00
3.55 d35's FREE
242 t-case FREE
Power door conversions 25.00
Quarter panels 50.00 ea
Doors from PA 150.00 Pair
95 front clip 100.00
98 shortblock, 97 manifold, 00 intake, 95 head, 125.00
3x4x1/8" x 16' tubing 25.00
Planning 33's, and custom bumpers when I finally turn the key.

A lot more I am forgetting.

I hope to get some pics posted soon.
Thanks again to everyone for blood, sweat, and tears (along with bloody knuckles) and a search box.

Looking forward to NACFest!
Drew

Andy in Pa. said:
Hey bubba!!!
Its about time you intro'ed... test-beat Feb. 23rd!!!

A.

With rear shocks on the jeep, maybe it won't bottom out on the rocks so bad. When Doug had it before, you could hear him on the other side of the trail banging, and scraping his way through the rocks.

Remember, FEB. 23 ! Be there, or don't bother showing up at all for fear of being chastised. :twak:

knuckle_buster said:
With rear shocks on the jeep, maybe it won't bottom out on the rocks so bad. When Doug had it before, you could hear him on the other side of the trail banging, and scraping his way through the rocks.

Remember, FEB. 23 ! Be there, or don't bother showing up at all for fear of being chastised. :twak:

Looks at that, your even in red now (musta became a member!)....I'm so proud....:tears:

knuckle_buster said:
What's up everyone,

My name is Todd Calhoun. Some of you already know me from past Nac-Fest events, as riding shotgun with Andy in Pa in the big purple cherokee. I recently bought Doug's red cherokee ( this is the guy that busted the front knuckle on rock creek last year ). I got his jeep and trailer for a great price. The jeep is already set up nicely, but I need to change the gears, so it can roll down the road better. It has a NV4500 5spd. trans, atlas t-case w/ twin sticks, 33's, locked front and rear, and a roll cage inside to make me feel better. Lots of dents on the doors, but it just adds character! I will be posting some pictures soon. I look forward to seeing everyone at Nac-Fest this year. :patriot: :wave1:

-Todd

dunno how I missed this one... anyway its about damn time you got on here you've only been "in" an XJ for how many years now????

STROKER

Back