• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intakes

53guy said:
Donaldson...
standard

standard

I was looking at the photos on eBay an though that was what i saw. The Donalson's have a bung that the PCV can attach to don't they?

They do, but it's 1/8" NPT, so about 1/4" hole is there. It's large enough for the volume of air pulled by the vaccume side. The breather hose is about 5/8" and going to 1/4" was way too small. I tried to use it and the vaccume was pulling air past the grommet in the front of the valve cover so I'm using a small breather filter for the time being until I make a hole large enough in the air box to put the bung in.

cuchulainn said:
I know I am a newbie and I also know that this has been talked to death. I should know I have spent hours on here and everywhere else looking up answers and haven't found anything that really helps. Everything seems to simply bring up more questions. Heck I even tried the Oilbill page or Billoil page which ever it is where the guy tested the filters. For some reason I can't get the images. At any rate, I want to increase the air flow going into my engine a 2000 XJ 4.0, and I am not limited to drop in filters, I am not adverse to fipk's or such but is there a solution. Something that increases air flow but also allows good filtration. Thanks for the help.
I put a Flowmaster on my 2000 xj, and it woke it right up. My xj does 'not' have the precats on the manifold though, and has a 2.25" exhaust pipe (factory). I have noticed no difference with after market filters so I went back to a stock paper type.

Back