• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing full AAL

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be installing my 2.5" RE Full AAL's soon to some new leaf packs and was wondering If I could stick with my Ubolts, shocks and brake lines for now. It's just going to see pavement till I get new shocks. The front will be ZJ coils and an extra coil isolator.

Assuming that the "new leaf packs" that you are adding to are OEM you'll be ok with your brake lines. Ubolts might be just a bit shy of the length you need. Deffinately would get new shocks if what you have now are still OEM, but you could check the dist of shock travel recomended for your lift.

I put on a 3" lift and wheeled it. The brake lines were fine. You could straighten out the front brake lines and relocate the brackets. I did that last week and gained an extra inch. Easy mod and don't cost nuthin!

Just be careful...after you go 2.5"...you'll want more!

I put my 2.5" RE full AAL in a new Quadratec HD pack and I netted 5" of lift. It has since dropped to about 3-3.5", but I would plan on being over the 2.5" mark for a little while and I know the stock shocks and brakeline would not have cut it at that height.

I would get a YJ rear line and some BPE's just in case you overshoot your mark like I did.

Back