• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Improve your shackle angle

Will these still work if you have a hitch on the back? I see they use the hitch mounts but will the hitch lower them down too far? I know its only going to be what maybe 1/4" for the hitch mounting plates but will that cause a problem with the shackle bolt hole, can that just be opened up some to still work or what?

Yeah that makes more sense, thanks.

Here are mine(before welding), you can see the hitch goes on after the relocation boxes.

P1010576.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by garr
Really nice Stuff, Now that you have the shackel (rear) end covered is it possible to make a bolt on extension for the front leaf spring mount?
So we can gain a little lift & keep the pinion angle correct without having to shim?
Front & rear leaf spring extensions would be great!!

That is something I thought about as well, might just be the next thing on the list.

Any word on the Fronts? I am hoping that they will be available soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garr
Really nice Stuff, Now that you have the shackel (rear) end covered is it possible to make a bolt on extension for the front leaf spring mount?
So we can gain a little lift & keep the pinion angle correct without having to shim?
Front & rear leaf spring extensions would be great!!

Any word on the Fronts? I am hoping that they will be available soon.

My pinion is pointed just below the T-case output with 4.5"RE springs, stock shackles and the boxes. (TW CV shaft and SYE)

Its just about perfect, no vibs. If you are going to stay with the slip yoke, or have moved you perches, I could see dropping the front help, Otherwise they work out nicely.

Is there any way to improve the shackle angle without adding any lift to the rear? I recently put on an RE 4.5" kit and it is already super tall, but the shackles are perfectly vertical and I'd like to fix that. I don't need to add any lift though. Is there a way to make this bracket with a nutsert or something that could go into the stock pocket and keep the same height of the body-side shackle bolt, but move it forward a few inches.

Is there any way to improve the shackle angle without adding any lift to the rear? I recently put on an RE 4.5" kit and it is already super tall, but the shackles are perfectly vertical and I'd like to fix that. I don't need to add any lift though. Is there a way to make this bracket with a nutsert or something that could go into the stock pocket and keep the same height of the body-side shackle bolt, but move it forward a few inches.

I may be wrong, but an RE 4.5 kit is a 3 inch leaf pack and a shackle for the rear..? In that case you could just throw your stock length shackles back on..

With moving that shackle mount down and forward to an angle, and even with a stock length shackle, you're probably still going to gain a bit, probably 1/2 inch or so. If those RE springs are new, they're eventually gonna droop out somewhat anyways, so it wouldn't be too big of a deal.

I may be wrong, but an RE 4.5 kit is a 3 inch leaf pack and a shackle for the rear..? In that case you could just throw your stock length shackles back on..

The RE4.5 kit is a full 4.5 leaf pack.

Switching to a 3" leaf pack and going to a longer 1-1.5" lift shackle would be superior as far as flex goes though, a longer shackle will have a lil more swing to droop and compress.

Kinslayer was right, its a 3.5" leaf pack with a longer shackle. I'd like to keep the long shackle because it helps with flex, but I know having it at a better angle will make it flex even more and probably improve the ride. If I could just move that upper mount forward, it might even lower the rear a bit. I've had the lift on for almost 2 months now and the rear hasn't really settled at all, I'm about to get a front spacer to level it all out.

I got mine today and I am starting to look at putting these on. First off I got a bad shackle angle right now. My shackle angle right now is about 80* I am going to set it at about 45* I am wondering how much lift I am going to lose by doing this. I am trying to eliminate my blocks or at least get down to a 1 inch block. I have very long shackles I will try to get some flex pix up when I get it done.

Back