• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Dan, if it's going into a late model XJ with the same transmission as the one you got it from you shouldn't have to worry about anything else being different. Early years had different spine counts.

Boobs

In regards to the the birdhouses, my friends late father built ones similar to that. He could get a couple hundred out of it depending on size and detail.

You spin that Mustang into a crowd of pedestrians yet?

Dan, if it's going into a late model XJ with the same transmission as the one you got it from you shouldn't have to worry about anything else being different. Early years had different spine counts.

Boobs

In regards to the the birdhouses, my friends late father built ones similar to that. He could get a couple hundred out of it depending on size and detail.

That's kind of what I was thinking,, at least hoping

Now that I've thought about it, I think the later models had the higher spline count with the AW4, but all the AX15 had the higher spline count.

That 2-door was tits-wigglin' with the 242, 5-speed, and 3.55 gears, too bad the roof rusted out.
The multi-layer duct tape job I did on it did keep the water out, not sure how it held up though.

New ride
0588d5ef89c0a96e9306c62e989c779d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

At the Craft beer tent at the Iowa State Fair. They now have a tap trailer for high abv beers. Nothing better then 3 10.5abv beers to make the night better

Looking for a used class c motor home to pull the jeep. Something we can take to Moab next year and pull ok. Any suggestions?

Chevy or Ford either one. I've heard Ford chassis are stronger and the V10 pulls better. Mileage obviously sucks either way. But I'm a chevy guy.

Looking from $5k-8k range

I'm a Chevy guy too, but a Ford V10 chassis is what you want. Add about 10k to your budget and you might find one. In that range you're looking at old 460 units.

Looking for a used class c motor home to pull the jeep. Something we can take to Moab next year and pull ok. Any suggestions?

Chevy or Ford either one. I've heard Ford chassis are stronger and the V10 pulls better. Mileage obviously sucks either way. But I'm a chevy guy.

Looking from $5k-8k range

Be very careful towing with a class C, their frames will not support much tongue weight. You will bend the frame.

The MWC needs to see another HoHauler type rig and it needs to be one of you younger guys who still have the ambition to build it.

Was actually talking with Dan about the whole bus idea just the other day. I think it's a good idea but no extra room to park a bus on property.

These 2 pics here were up towards the front when I googled pics of school bus toy haulers.

e7497eadfb1eaf3cbb9c515760653c3f.jpg
4390df43557cdbc9337b8e86b65b69d8.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I am very familiar with school buses so that is the direction we are heading. How much frame reinforcement had to be done to the rear to haul the weight behind the rear axle?

Also, im looking to keep the bus whole and just pull a trailer at this point. Not to say i cant do the ramp truck idea, but thats 5k+ over/behind the rear axle and im a bit leary on how that would handle/ride.

Think about what passengers would weigh. 20 200lbers=4K. Busses do it all the time. My front end never felt light.

Last edited:
And think about it this way, the Youth of today is fat as ever, so there's all kinds of fat asses getting hauled in the back of the buses. And a frameless Jeep would be no problem for a bus that hauls fat kids.

Oh, and boobs.

Back