• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I thought it was something along the lines where they flipped each other in the bag. Who knows what kind of weird shit Sam's into!

Huge shout out to Collin for wrangling the tweaker meth head chick for the score on a new refrigerator for $100!! This whole thing seemed sketchy from the get go...CL listing at 4:30am, New 5 month old fridge for $100, cash only, needed paid by noon. One word, tweaker. I also scored a new in the box OTR microwave for $100. We are picking up a drop in glass top range/stove Sunday. Total lake house kitchen appliance investment, $350!

Anyone here a hvac guy?

that includes, back flips, butt chugging and welding, not necessarily in that order.

watch out doing that too much, you will have to have rotator cuff surgery. Did I mention I had that done recently? :D

Whats a good interest rate for a first time auto loan? Im shopping around and just wondering what to expect as far as interest. Credit sround 730ish

You should be able to get a good interest rate with that score. Shop around, some dealers have 0% interest for X amount of months on new vehicles from the last model year right now as the new model years are going out on the lot. I bet you can get 3 to 4% on brand new cars or better right now. I wish my score was that high, found out I have a collection from an old cable bill I didn't know about affecting mine.

0%. Save money to buy cash. You'll be happier

Use the bank's money to buy a car, especially at any interest rate lower than the rate that your money makes money.

You take out a loan at 0%, 0.9%, etc. and your money sits in a savings or checking account or some other investment making 3%. That's your money making money.

Long term loan payments show maturity on your credit score. Always paying cash eliminates the payment but you're losing out on your investment.

Use the bank's money to buy a car, especially at any interest rate lower than the rate that your money makes money.

You take out a loan at 0%, 0.9%, etc. and your money sits in a savings or checking account or some other investment making 3%. That's your money making money.

Long term loan payments show maturity on your credit score. Always paying cash eliminates the payment but you're losing out on your investment.

100% agree with the math, though I think 3% is way low and would prove your point even better if we weren't taking in the human factor. Unfortunately, evidence shows that the majority of folks won't save that cash they didn't spend on the car and will spend it somewhere else. FWIW, I had 0 debt and two credit cards that never had a balance on them before I went to buy my first house. Was told my credit score would suck and I'd get a crappy loan. 800+ score with almost no credit history wasn't too bad.

Back