• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Bleh...with extra bleh. Unless you plan on dropping the extra cash on puttin TBI of some flavor. The stock carb is a huge POS and all those vacuum lines are a pain to deal with. Then add in the AIR crap...I'll be so f'ing happy when mine is gone. The thing is 20+ years old based on 40 year old tech. It represents everything that AMC/Chrysler did wrong in that period.

Edit.... subtract the price of regearing from any offer. 3.31 or 2.72 is all that came in them at that point. Its a 5900 lb. Pig with no overdrive.

Last edited:
Had a good weekend.
Camping at ledges, train ride, food at hickory park, more camping at clear lake, more food, etc.
3unymene.jpg

hagabydu.jpg

9yru4usa.jpg

Now back to working 7 days a week till Christmas. Lol

Bleh...with extra bleh. Unless you plan on dropping the extra cash on puttin TBI of some flavor. The stock carb is a huge POS and all those vacuum lines are a pain to deal with. Then add in the AIR crap...I'll be so f'ing happy when mine is gone. The thing is 20+ years old based on 40 year old tech. It represents everything that AMC/Chrysler did wrong in that period.

Edit.... subtract the price of regearing from any offer. 3.31 or 2.72 is all that came in them at that point. Its a 5900 lb. Pig with no overdrive.

Pretty much. I liked mine for the cool factor, but that's about it. I tuned the Motorcraft carb the best I could, deleted the AIR system, a ton of vacuum lines and opened up the exhaust, and it still was a dog that got 10 mpg on a good day. Got a lot of looks and compliments though. Mine was a '90 in Black Cherry :D

Plus side, GM TBI injection will bolt on, and so will an AW4. The starter for a 4.0 is exactly the same.

Price wise, looks like a Southern premium got tacked on. IIRC I paid $3500 for mine with 130,000ish miles. A little rusty, but not bad at all.

Last edited:
so apparently mildly drunk Cheeseman spoke a little too much truth Saturday night.......said Cheeseman told trashy lady with 4 screaming kids to get a handle on her government money makers bc they were hurting my ears and all I wanted to do was pay for my beer without being disturbed by the cultural decline of western civilization and the proof was there in front of me that they should do a better job of teaching sex ed in middle school.....

She told me to f*** off.....I told he pajama pants were for wearing at home, not to go to town grocery shopping....touche' to me.

Cheese "my buddy was embarrassed but thought it was funny as hell" Man

The house project has been WAY over budget... so I thought I would try the farmer method to get it under control.

10624842_847062151993932_4880556428213227405_n.jpg

But... all that did was get the mailman to deliver twice as many bills and fashion magazines for my daughter who doesn't even live here anymore.

Now Howey, you know there may be some good stuff in the back, that is why farmers caps always have a rolled bill, so they can look farther in the back of the mailbox for more $$ :D

Cheese "never have worn a flat bill" Man

In 10 hours I will be drinking beers with this guy!
Lincoln's little bitch
This is the year for NAXJA peeps to come visit the 'Hollow!

What a long fun weekend!
Cheese days Friday night, Badgers game Saturday, Shitcago Sunday.
The weekend topped off by taking 100 miles of public transportation back home.
Now packing up to head to Rochester, MN for a few days.

If Wheeler really wants an FSJ...Id sell mine with the Midwest its whole life discount on the price. Its got about 110k miles on it. And he could pick it up when he visits this side of the world to get the fuel still.

Did you miss the uhaul truck news?

Oh yeahhh. It's hard to keep up with everyone's tow rigs, they change daily.

Go for it Dan. They're fun and comfortable other than being pigs.

Been working on this one since the winter.
e96faa2f9670f52fd2dac3f4a2d71d1a.jpg
it's cool to cruise and get ice cream with

Last edited:
For another $4000. Same reason my XJ doesn't have one.

compared to spending a thousand+ dollars to put TBI on a 360 and regear it and everything else?

novak sells mounts for $200, I'd think you could come across a complete drivetrain for a grand.

4.8 LS +full sized waggy would get 20+ on the highway and still be enough to pull a jeep on the trailer.

lots of 4.8's complete with accessories and harness for 7-800 bucks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-8-LITER-L...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed3321f42&vxp=mtr

Then you need to send the harness out. Get the ECU reflashed. Build a trans and tcase crossmember. Make the tcase work in the Waggy. New driveshafts front and rear. Figure out how to cool it. Figure out how to feed it gas. Exhaust out the back. Hopefully front axle doesn't hit oil pan.

It's the little $$$ that nickles and dimes you to death. Ask anybody who's done an LS XJ swap or jerry who's done it on an FSJ. I guarantee it wasn't less than 4 to make it reliable and right.

You're still going to want to gear it with an OD trans. Unless you're ok with OD being useless when the wind blows

Then you need to send the harness out. Get the ECU reflashed. Build a trans and tcase crossmember. Make the tcase work in the Waggy. New driveshafts front and rear. Figure out how to cool it. Figure out how to feed it gas. Exhaust out the back. Hopefully front axle doesn't hit oil pan.

It's the little $$$ that nickles and dimes you to death. Ask anybody who's done an LS XJ swap or jerry who's done it on an FSJ. I guarantee it wasn't less than 4 to make it reliable and right.

You're still going to want to gear it with an OD trans. Unless you're ok with OD being useless when the wind blows

sure, but given the option of putting a grand or 1500 too an ancient AMC v8, or leaving it stock for a year and taking that same money and putting it towards LS swap.

I guess it depends on how long you intend on keeping it.
If I were picking up a rust free FSJ i'd plan on keeping it for life.

I just want one to put the gladiator grill and lights on.

You mean swapping an LS into an XJ isn't cheap?

You should talk to the guys in the performance forum.

That's the point I'm trying to make, because my buddy with that wagoneer had that same pipe dream.

Just because the drivetrains are $800 doesn't mean you're done.

You'd see a lot more LS XJ's if that were the case.

I put a complete LS drivetrain in my C10 (I know we are not talking apples to apples) including new motor mounts, harness modification, ECU flash, headers, complete exhaust, air intake, radiator and fuel system (tank, pump, sender etc), all new poly lines and 4L60E tranny for @$2500.....and it is worth every penny!

ResizedImage_1391607248190_zps8049a279.jpg

Cheese "sounds sooooo sweet too!" Man

That's the point I'm trying to make, because my buddy with that wagoneer had that same pipe dream.

Just because the drivetrains are $800 doesn't mean you're done.

You'd see a lot more LS XJ's if that were the case.

I would argue that because you're replacing a small block v8 with a small block v8, you probably don't need a radiator upgrade and a D300 will bolt to almost anything transmission that would come behind one, even a non-electronic 700r4.

I would argue that because you're replacing a small block v8 with a small block v8, you probably don't need a radiator upgrade and a D300 will bolt to almost anything transmission that would come behind one, even a non-electronic 700r4.

I remember jerry talking about cooling issues with his 5.3. I also know Dan isn't going to trust a 20 something year old radiator that's has sat for 10 years... Still going to have to come up with shifters for that 300.

Back