• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Name change?

mac 'zuki wasn't cutting it?' gyvr

Yup, it's just me with a different name :badpc:

It seemed to me that I haven't actually owned a Sidekick or Tracker for quite a few years, so I changed it back to my original handle.

However, it does have one drawback, you can't really stick a clever phrase in the middle of it ;)

WB9 "AKA - Zuki-Ron" YZU

See? That sucked!

-Ron

In the process of moving and I screwed up the springs on my trailer while unloading the Jeep. Neither rear tire was touching the ground on either side, this is a tandem axle trailer with a spring equalizer. I jacked it up and managed to get it where the shackle for the front spring is riding below the equalizer and the shackle for the rear spring is above the equalizer, on both sides. All tires are touching the ground but the equalizer isn't sitting level and I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be or not.

Anyone know how the shackles are supposed to go, or can someone get me a pic of their leaf spring equalizer so I have a reference? Got 4 more vehicles left to move... I will provide beverage of choice next time we cross paths. :D

At a guess, are any of the spring shackles reversed, aka, flipped up against the frame?

At a guess, are any of the spring shackles reversed, aka, flipped up against the frame?

The rear one was sticking down and it was up against the equalizer, looked like it would work but probably not well. I just jacked it up and now both shackles are hanging down which I'm pretty certain isn't right. Wondering if I bent the springs and so now the shackles won't stay where they should. I've never had this problem before. Guessing I need to muscle both axles around where the shackles are sticking up above the equalizer and then let it down and hope it stays that way?

Does this help?
images

coming back from our wheeling trip to SMORR I started hearing a clunking noise that was random in the front of the PSD. Everyting drove good, seemed tight, but just a random clunk......brought it to the shop today and DAMN!! The axle side mount of the track bar has busted clean off the axle!! It appears that it may have had a faulty factory weld, or if it was rewelded by the original owner, they did a weak job. So with the crazy heat outside I get to go home and weld this bitch back together......not looking forward to that.

coming back from our wheeling trip to SMORR I started hearing a clunking noise that was random in the front of the PSD. Everyting drove good, seemed tight, but just a random clunk......brought it to the shop today and DAMN!! The axle side mount of the track bar has busted clean off the axle!! It appears that it may have had a faulty factory weld, or if it was rewelded by the original owner, they did a weak job. So with the crazy heat outside I get to go home and weld this bitch back together......not looking forward to that.

^^^^^^^^^^ that is the gayz!

You will need to dig some kind of a sump. find the lowest spot and put it there.
I would pump it out side.
How is the drainage around the foundation?
90% of wet basements can be solved by regrading the ground around the foundation.
Is it coming in from the driveway side, or the basement door side?

Thanks....

I figured this was probably going to be the answer... But I was hoping there was some magic solution, that didn't require me busting a hole in the concrete floor.

The next issue is that the water is coming from the yard side, but the lowest point in the basement is on the driveway side, which doesn't have a good spot to throw a drain pipe out threw the sill. The sink is on that side of the basement, which was why I thought of draining a sump into it and then obviously the village sewer.

Hoepfully, new gutters will help cure the problem as I get some spillover from the current ones during really heavy rains.

Normally cannot hook a pump into the sanitary sewer system, like the drain.

The hole you dig needs to be the lowest spot. They sell drop in sumps, so all you need to do is digging the hole.

The floor is not that hard to bust up.

Rev

Has to be lowest point as stated above. Be sure to get a flapper or check valve being you have to run the drain line outside. It is against code to hook into a main sewer line for your sump. Not only that if the main sewer backs up it now has another entry point. I recommend a battery back up system and get a solar charger. My solar charger saved my arss a few times as my power had been out for 10 days consecutively.

Remote from Marietta, GA...

Nashvegas, TN lastnight (the Stage rocks!), Birmingham, AL this afternoon, Cartersville, GA tomorrow morning and Chattanooga, TN tomorrow night.

Hilton Diamond baby! Someone's gotta do it...

Baba Booey!

damn, look what the cat dragged in!! Happy Birthday Adam!! Hope your having a good one, and if your not then have Muffin make it right for ya! :D

Has to be lowest point as stated above. Be sure to get a flapper or check valve being you have to run the drain line outside. It is against code to hook into a main sewer line for your sump. Not only that if the main sewer backs up it now has another entry point. I recommend a battery back up system and get a solar charger. My solar charger saved my arss a few times as my power had been out for 10 days consecutively.

Thank goodness that I have a generator to power important stuff like that...and I have a house sitter that knows how to run my generator if I'm gone wheelin...

That said the dryer quit last week. I took to the "little ol junk man" down the street who has fixed my washer and dryers for years. I picked it up today. He said, you are lucky that the heating element failed. He said that the dryer and motor was so packed with lint and etc that small fires had started and gone out. He said you were close to burning the house down...I said, "how do I blame my wife?" He said...you really can't, blame the people you bought the house from who had the dryer before me. $50 bucks, good as new...

mac 'I'm screwed when the little ol junk man dies' gyvr

The battery powered sump pump fall into the heading of one of the worst inventions known to man.

Lemme tell you what happens....Battery works fine when installed, people think thy can forget about it and they do, then its needed and guess what? Yup, its dead.

Get a generator if your are worried about power loss.

Rev

The battery powered sump pump fall into the heading of one of the worst inventions known to man.

Lemme tell you what happens....Battery works fine when installed, people think thy can forget about it and they do, then its needed and guess what? Yup, its dead.

Get a generator if your are worried about power loss.

Rev

I'll follow that with this...get a transfer switch and wire it in...

mac '2 mins or less and i'm online with a generator' gyvr

Back