• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Ecoboost is a beast of a motor!

mac 'wouldn't hesitate buying one' gyvr

Blew the Trans up in the tmaxx right after breaking the motor in...

mac 'motor runs great' gyvr

I was on the last break in tank. Flipped it...tried the ol accelerate to get it back all fours...

mac 'didn't work and broke' gyvr

Ouch. Time to go to Phil's up there and get parts. That's where we are gonna stop at tomorrow when we are up there. You want my extra fuel I have? I don't have a use for it.

Yeah bring the fuel. Thanks.

I'll look online and see what they want for a tranny...

I can prolly buy an aw-4 for less :/

mac 'more tranny talk in the mwc' gyvr

This one is in Custer, WI and i think its been there for 26 years. it is fully put on by the MREA

which are you talking about? i may be interested in checking that out.

EDIT: i Googled it. yea i might go to that one also

If you do.. Let me know. I'll buy you a beer.

2cc6423167de5091e39df1528bf52f71.jpg

Picked this up today. No eco boost, couldn't justify extra cost.
Nice truck!

Mine was a 2.5 originally, so I blew the 2.5 Trans behind the 3.3...

mac 'debating electric' gyvr

With all this talk of RCs does anyone have a spare radio and reciever? Id do with a traxxas 2.4ghz if anyone has one they upgraded from. Im doing the electric conversion on my OFNA Ultra LX-1 need to find battery trays. Any thoughts on the Mamba Sidewinder 1/8 or any other cheaper plug n play systems out there? And will i still need brakes?

a brandy new GT-2 is like $20.

the GT3c with a lipo and 10 model memory is less than 50.

Both are decent. My GT3C has been just fine. Extra receivers are dirt cheap, when they're in stock.

You don't like anything.

I like 4 liters and 5 speeds.

and brushess motors.

Just went and test flew the super sportster with new radio. Works well. Had it trimmed with linkages, so it didn't need but a few clicks of elevator trim.

Too much expo though, I need to cut that in half, just don't like it much.

We're supposed to meet up with the District III VP tomorrow. He's driving up from Parkersburg to test fly his 1/4 scale cub on floats. I guess our little flying site is top notch.

Sounds like I'm gonna need to swing over sometime and learn how to fly a plane. Have never tried it but think it would be neat

Back