• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

now Josh, we cant go throwing everyone in jail because it will take up too much of the tax dollars that the feeders are relying on to fund their lavish life styles :D

Cheese "milk, milk, milk" Man

Keep it up and I will use the conservative approach to punishment, throw you in jail and waterboard you later to figure out why.

It's over with. Stop bringing it up and stop making the filter show up because you have nothing better to do.

Pretty sure it's not over with, there's still talks of it in the members forum.

Last edited:

The BOD will definitely be discussing the issue more.

mac 'not happy either' gyvr

I'm sure its not over, but I feel the MWC people are above the tards that are causing the issues. There is no room for debate, just use words that you can hear on noncable tv. Do not intentionally trip the filter.

It's very simple, and im very serious. I don't care how many beers I have drank with all of you I will discipline if it continues here in the MWC. Period.

Last edited:
I'm sure its not over, but I feel the MWC people are above the tards that are causing the issues. There is no room for debate, just use words that you can hear on noncable tv.

It's very simple, and im very serious. I don't care how many beers I have drank with all of you I will discipline if it continues here in the MWC. Period.

I would not base the rules on what you can hear on broadcast television.

http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2003/DA-03-3045A1.html

because apparently using the F word as an adjective (it's most common usage here) is just fine on broadcast television in a "fleeting" comment.

mostly how it get's used here.

FCC Rulling said:
The Commission defines indecent speech as language
that, in context, 12 depicts or describes sexual or
excretory activities or organs in terms patently offensive
as measured by contemporary community standards for the
broadcast medium.13

Indecency findings involve at least
two fundamental determinations.
First, the material alleged to be
indecent must fall within the subject
matter scope of our indecency
definition¾that is, the material must
describe or depict sexual or excretory
organs or activities. . . . Second,
the broadcast must be patently
offensive as measured by contemporary
community standards for the broadcast
medium.14

As a threshold matter, the material aired during the
``Golden Globe Awards'' program does not describe or depict
sexual and excretory activities and organs. The word
``XXXXing'' may be crude and offensive, but, in the context
presented here, did not describe sexual or excretory organs
or activities. Rather, the performer used the word
``XXXXing'' as an adjective or expletive to emphasize an
exclamation. Indeed, in similar circumstances, we have
found that offensive language used as an insult rather than
as a description of sexual or excretory activity or organs
is not within the scope of the Commission's prohibition of
indecent program content.15

not trying to be a XXXX buddy, but basing the BOD decision on what the FCC deems OK for broadcast TV/radio is a slippery slope that will get the club about 10x the arguements it wants. Come up with a hard and fast rule. Hiding behind what is "family friendly" is not, because my "family values" are most certainly a lot looser than most.

and no, I will not redact the FCC ruling to be in line with the new filters. It's a government publication for crying out loud. Also, newspapers have never been regulated for language, and as this is a print forum I would lean more towards that set of rules than broadcast ones.

anyway, that's the last I have to say on this cluster.

3 pieces of metal removed from my eye, one in urgent care, and two more in the vision department...

They also had to shave my cornea to remove the torn areas that were irritating my eyelid...

First time since I started working in shop environments that I've had to get something removed from my eye...

99SJ 'The numbing eye-drops are crack' EX

OK....sit down, this NEEDS to be said....

You sir, are an idiot.

My brother lost his sight in one eye, and his career of over 40 years in auto repair due to not wearing eye protection for 5 min. He was trying to drive the bearing race out of a hub and it shattered, the chunk went THROUGH the center of his eye, that was it...all gone now.

He was pulling down 75+K a year, he now works as a parts counter guy at CarMax.

Rev

I am actually going there..and yes, I will enduldge, and yes, there will be pics...I can even do "before and after" pics if that is your thing.

Jennie did fried garlic cheese curds the other day.

I enjoyed them.

We may have to do that @ winterfest.

there has been 2 crickets somewhere in my work area for this entire week. making their little noise all week long. combine that with a somewhat stressful week, and the fact that i ordered 1000 dollars wroth of wrong parts and had to wait 3 days before i found out, 1 of 2 things will happen very soon, blow this place up or get really intoxicated this evening.

mmmm that sounds nice. Culver's has fired cheese curds in case you didnt know that.

there are no Culvers near us.

We were going to stop at one in KY on the way back from Harlan, but it did not look wienerbox friendly for parking.

there are no Culvers near us.

We were going to stop at one in KY on the way back from Harlan, but it did not look wienerbox friendly for parking.

Really?

I have to pick and choose where I park, that thing, I could get in anywhere...

mac 'culvers in da fort' gyvr

I've been through a few fast food parking lots where a pickup & small trailer would have problems, let alone a 20' box truck, or an F450 & 30' enclosed 5th wheel.

Eat more cheese....... makes the dairy foods business unit happy.

Back