• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

WWW.PULLAPART.COM

$100 for engine block with heads.

We have one of those here...I'm going to go over there and see if they have one. I tried to call but they don't keep an inventory of what they have so you pay a $1 or 2 and just go look and see what they got.

I really don't want to pull a motor in a junk yard...but if its that much cheaper.

mac 'he's gonna owe me' gyvr

We have one of those here...I'm going to go over there and see if they have one. I tried to call but they don't keep an inventory of what they have so you pay a $1 or 2 and just go look and see what they got.

I really don't want to pull a motor in a junk yard...but if its that much cheaper.

mac 'he's gonna owe me' gyvr

Take a sawzall, it makes bolts much easier to get to......

If they have one...I'm gonna ask what is allowed to make it easier...

mac 'bring the garage' gyvr

There is a reason we check those tubes every year for WF. They can change from day to day.

Like the rest....I have done it, and have no desire to do it again.

Rev

If they have one...I'm gonna ask what is allowed to make it easier...

mac 'bring the garage' gyvr

no torches and no jacks are the rules for all of my local pick n pulls.

cutoff wheels and sawzalls are just fine. SOmetimes if you pay them like $100 they'l have the yard monkey take it out. If you're cool wit hthe yard monkey he won't F it up badly, if you don't catch him and slide him an extra 20 he doesn't care.

There are four of these within an hour:

http://www.pullapart.com/

they have online inventory. If you find one, I will go look, you can drive out, stay at my house and go junkyard raiding.

Jeep blew its radiator today (second time in 2 years!). Not a huge deal, except for the fact that I was on my way back from Greencastle when it happened. I live just north of Indy, so I gotta go back there tonight with a trailer and bring it home to work on it.
Fun times..

Good thing its an easy fix!

My kids a garage baby! Lol

IMAG0201.jpg

Jeep blew its radiator today (second time in 2 years!). Not a huge deal, except for the fact that I was on my way back from Greencastle when it happened. I live just north of Indy, so I gotta go back there tonight with a trailer and bring it home to work on it.
Fun times..

Handy to have a trailer. But even if you had to change the radiator, it only takes about 30 minutes with the right tools. I did it once in a parts store parking lot in the middle of nowhere virginia.

Handy to have a trailer. But even if you had to change the radiator, it only takes about 30 minutes with the right tools. I did it once in a parts store parking lot in the middle of nowhere virginia.

Just got back from that little adventure. I was really contemplating taking it out, sealing it with high-temp resin I had in the jeep and then putting it back together. Only thing that stopped me was those dang torx heads!

On our way back home, we stopped at this truck stop off of 40, they had a little diner in there called "Country Pride". Although it appeared very normal, once we saw the menu, my jaw about fell to the floor. Every item they served was "all you can eat". It was like the best parts of a traditional dinner combined with a buffet. Really, when the waitress came around after we had been served, I asked for a refill on my drink AND on my chicken fried steak!! It was beautiful! As much of my meal as i could eat!
I hope they serve food like that in heaven.

Anyways, I got a heck of a deal for some speakers off craigslist, which is why I was down there. 550$ in parts alone, for 75$.

The local pick and pull doesn't have any. If they did it would be 200 bucks for the motor. He saids as fast as they get something that new in...it goes out the door, sometimes to the junk yard down the street.

So I've found a junk yard 4.7 for 1900...and I found a place with a reman with 3yr/100k warranty for 2900...

I'll look at the links you guys posted and see if anything comes up. Problem right now is that I'm rotating through weekends off and all my weekends are packed almost to the end of sept. It needs to be done next week if possible.

The baby jeep returns to daily driven status tomorrow as my dad is picking it up...after he replaces the power converter in my camper so i can run the a/c without needing two power cords.

mac 'baby jeep has its own set of problems' gyvr

yeah we need an 01,02,03, or 04 4.7 v8 in a grand cherokee...

if anyone sees a wrecked one let me know

the online pick a part shows 1600 and up and they all have boatloads of miles...

mac 'couldn't get nate's link to work' gyvr

Back