• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm gonna shoot the damn thing!

when i did my tranny i had the exact same thing happen, i never loc-tite the small bolts and they worked loose and all sorts of horrible things happened!

i'd start simple check the plug and wire for cylinder 3 check the side of the plug for small cracks in the sides. the pcm has to detect a considerable # of misfires b4 throwing the light depending on the frequency /condition of msifires. I cant picture the fuel rail on a 97 but if you dont have a regulator i'd try switching the # 3 injector to another hole and see if you get a code for that cylinder in a week or so. my 2 cents

Frank Z said:
So far I've thoroughly cleaned the throttlebody.
Pulled and cleaned the IAC
Tested the TPS and it checks good
Checked the voltage at the MAP while engine was running (3.6 with the key on and 1.1-1.2volts at idle)
Confirmed proper resistance value of the Intake Manifold Air Temp Sensor and the Coolant Temp Sensor
Replaced both O2 sensors
Checked for bad grounds (none found)
Checked for loose connections or faulty splices (none found)
Verified proper fuel pressure at the fuel rail (49.5psi)

Ran motor at idle with IAC connector unplugged, no change in variable idle rpm (approx 750 to 500 rpm)
Ran motor at idle with Manifold Air Temp. connector unplugged, no change.
Ran motor at idle and unplugged MAP sensor, no change.
Ran motor at idle and unplugged TPS, engine shuts down.

when i disconnect the map on my 89 at idle, it almost stalls and wont run very well when put into gear.

Not sure about the electrical connection, but if I pull the vacuum off my '88 MAP it also runs terrible/dies at idle.

At 49 psi at rail and 26# injectors, is it possible you are feeding too much gas and it floods out? I know rule of thumb is HP divided by 10 is injector size. Are you getting 260 hp out of your stroker?

Wish I Had a Harley in my garage...I know the formula....I'm just saying thats a lot of gas for a six cyl. and on that note I'll "mute" myself from further discussion on this matter, not gonna get in a pi$$in' contest.

Last edited:
i had also posted about this problem aboot a year ago now becuase i had the same problems and did the same things and noting worked so you just have to what i did and total it.

Back