• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want to make my first mod, please give some suggestions.

lift blocks aggrivate axle wrap and i guess they shorten spring life.

first mod? thats easy TOW HOOKS. keep in mind u need cherokee specific ones. for the rear, if u have a hitch, i really like warns reciever shackle. after you've done that, get a good strap. 30k is as low as i'd go personally. once u get that done, then scrounge around for a BB and some tires.

Nick said:
I wasn't kidding, bore out your own throttlebody if you can't do this don't bother lifting your jeep as you have no idea how many problems you're going to encounter. Simply go to a hardware store and pick up a sanding drum you can attach to a drill, get a permanent marker and your good to go. Simply take you TB off and line the gasket up on the bottom side and trace the outline on the exposed metal. Take out the circle that opens and closes when you accelerate("butterfly") and bore the excess metal out until you get to your marker lines. Spray it down with TB cleaner, reassemble and drive. You'll likely notice the biggest improvement under modest acceleration off the line.

Your cost $15-20 your happiness, big smiles.

Check this link: http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTBboring.htm
except the non-HO throttle body (pre 91), doesnt have a taper, its straight all the way down.

Call up some local auto machine shops, ask them if they can do it, dont forget you'll need a new throttle plate.

I bought this jeep from a 70 year old man who took great care of it and said that when he ordered it in 89 he got everything except leather. So my question now is are the factory skids on the front/transcase/and gas tank bogus or do they work? ALso it has a pair of tow hooks in the front. I am also looking at the stock suspension and it has one inch blocks in back with a one inch spacer in the front. He said all this was factory, and I also notice it has two fans, is this part of the tow package?

Back