• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I now am the proud owner of an MJ!

IslanderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I got it for $25, I spent more in gas to go get it.
'86, 2.5L, manual, 2WD

Extra bonus stuff:
RENIX rats nest
dual aftermarket oil filters (why? I dont know)
THE original Ranch MJ lift kit, janky dropbrackets and all
missing tailgate (any body got one I can have?)
exaust ends at header (sounds like an old bi-plane that sets off car alarms)

Stuff I will except as donation towrds making this dirt worthy:
Anything 4WD related(tcase, dana 30, front driveshaft)

HAHA Awesome! I just scored one myself! 87 MJ 4banger 4sd shortbox. Its costing me more in gas to go get it to!

I do have an extra tail gate, compliments of BrettM. Its blue, I dont need it anymore. You can have it for free. I think this MJ is 4x4... if so, you maybe want to buy the front axle and tcase?

Yay! I will take the tailgate.
What T-case and how much?

I just bought mine for $100, 86' 4 banger 2wd, and I thought I got a great deal, so screw you guys and your free MJ's. The same day I picked up a rolled 4.0 4x4 AW4 to swap in for another $150, I figure I can sell the crappy Rancho lift for at least that. Are you planning on keeping the 2.5l? Does anyone have a bed they are getting rid of, mine got sideswiped DS rear, or a bed with a bad right side even? Otherwise I am taking the cutoff wheel to it, and it aint gonna be pretty!!
I also have a bunch of parts, an set of axles, AW4? if i don't use it this weekend, 242, wiring for a 4.0 if you do plan on swapping. etc etc. Basically I have a jeep, minus motor.

Last edited:
Sorry, nothings free! lol. Its up for negotiation though, oh, I also have a 44 rear for sale. It sounds like you are too far to pickup, and my CR 250 aint runnin, so a Pismo trip wont be for a while. I would rather trade for stuff I need. PM me your number and we can negotiate means of surrender if you want.

I probably don't have anything you need unless its rust, stinky foam floor padding, or chewed up wiring. I do pretty good troubleshooting and demo work though!

I really don't need much becuase a fellow PolyGoat (Cal Poly 4WD club) might have a 5.9L out of a Grand he can GIVE me in exchange for some(alot) of Solid Works work . Another PolyGoat with a J-10 is swaping in a 14bolt and a 60, so im getting his axles in exchange for help with the swap.

Oh yea... I will put some up tomorow.

Ever find out if it was 2WD or 4WD yet? :D

Oh yea. its a bare bones. I know its a 2wd! I still dont know what year.... havnt looked at the vin yet! I think its an 87. I will have 2 tailgates for you to choose from. A dark blue, and a light blue. Which one?

Jeeze, didn't think I would have options... I realy dont care, which ever one is closer to being put in the back of the XJ when I pick it up. Either way it will get painted black and red in a matter of days.

Here it is in all its... uh.. glory?
0221071803a.jpg

PreRunner Fenders!
0221071803.jpg

No its not Grey... its brown underneather all of whatever grey stuff that is.
0221071802.jpg

Ummm... yeah... those are going away.
0221071802b.jpg

1 wiper arm? Just double up on the blades and call it good!
0221071803b.jpg

Bryan C. said:
Love them front fenders. :puke:
Oh come on they aren't that bad (I bet I can get $50 for them from somebody with a little paint), they will work untill I find some other ones.

Back