• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I now am the proud owner of an MJ!

Hey! I had the tail gate for you at the M&G, but you wern't there! I am going to pick up my other new-to-me jeep this weekend.... Then the MJ build starts. Jack, when is your getting going?

M&G? Wasn't that up north someplace? I was at Shaver Lake last weekend!
You could have it just as soon as I move the brackets to fit XJ springs. I will be driving all over the place this weekend, but not north or west, a know anybody coming in this general direction?

Sounds great, 2 or 3 weekends from now ok?

Scrappy said:
I am going to pick up my other new-to-me jeep this weekend.... Then the MJ build starts. Jack, when is your getting going?
It already has... :firedevil, just rewired Alot of stuff over the past couple of days. I'm going to put some better roller tires on it tomorow before work, then flush the oil and coolant system while I'm there.

Just found out today that the A/C still runs great and blows cold! My Xj doesnt even do that!!!

i scored an '88 mj for 200 bucks from the coast yesterday. will be picking it up from the inlaws house this weekend. they went above and beyond to go pick it up for me and take it back to their place. 2.5 liter 2 X 4 with 4 speed manual. i'll probably just fix it up a little to resale unless i get it and love it. never had a comanche before. don't know much about them to tell you the truth.

They are The Shit... that's all you need to know.

Mjs are just Xjs with a bed instead of a backseat.
AFAIK: rear springs are spring under, fuel tank is different, rear driveshaft is longer, and they have a bed... thats all thats different. So to sum it up, your still in the right place.

i've noticed though that when someone asks a question about an mj, people tend to have dumb a$$ things to say like go to an mj forum. naxja shows up when you google as a mj/xj forum, i just wasn't sure if there was a dedicated good forum or not. i know a lot of people on here have both. i just learned that mj's are spring under and that if i relocate to spring over i would gain about 6 inches lift. driveshaft vibes at that point like an xj? will i need a s.y.e. like an xj?

You wont be gaining 6 inches of lift, your just moving the spring from the bottom of the axle tube to the top, not much more than 3", you wont need an SYE at that point ( but you should get it if you have the cash laying around). I'm sorry to here people tossing your mj answers aside, this is defintlet the right place for those questions.

IslanderXJ said:
You wont be gaining 6 inches of lift, your just moving the spring from the bottom of the axle tube to the top, not much more than 3", you wont need an SYE at that point ( but you should get it if you have the cash laying around). I'm sorry to here people tossing your mj answers aside, this is defintlet the right place for those questions.

definitely more than three inches. you get the whole axle tube diameter, the spring perch thickness, and the spring pack thickness.

if its at a pick and pull woundn't it be for sale?

IslanderXJ said:
if its at a pick and pull woundn't it be for sale?

In a way yes, what I ment to ask was it for sale by owner? A pick and pull car or truck does not run, all the fluids have been drainded, there is no battery, etc. etc.

Back