• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need an extra 4 inches. Help!

imis_idora

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country and I would like to lift it about 4 inches to clear 31x10.50s. My XJ has the H.O. 4.0, auto trans AW4, transfer case NP242, rear diff 8.25 Mopar.

I work at a place that sells Terra Flex, Super Lift, Sky Jacker, Pro Comp, Full Traction, and Rancho. I can get any lift kit that these manufactures sell for cost.

If you where looking for 4 inches of lift and had a choice between all the manufactures listed, which one would you choose?

I am leaning towards the Super Lift kit.
http://www.superlift.com/suspension/jeep/84-XJ.asp
for around $550.00
or maybe the Terra Flex LA kit
http://www.teraflx.com/pages/jeepbuilder.php?jeepID=32&prodID=75&subID=4
for around $750.00 with Pro Comp 9000 shocks, Pro Comp rear lift springs, Pro Comp track bar, and Terra Flex upper flex arms.
And yes, I know some one that can weld those LA brackets to my sub frame.
Given these options can anyone steer me in the right direction????
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

If I had to pick one of those it would definitely be Full Traction.

Personally, I'd stay away from the teraflex kit. Their "long arm" kit only replaces the lower control arms, leaving the uppers stock. It seems this would cause some odd suspension geometry and ride. However, I haven't run the kit, nor do I know someone that has, so this is only my opinion.

Superlift, pro comp, and rancho all fall under the "Cheap lift" category, you get what you pay for.

I always hear mixed reviews on skyjacker products. I hate their trackbar setup though. It uses the steering stabilizer mount, this mount wasn't exactly made to handle the forces of a track bar.

Search around on the forum, you will find many opinions on these, and other kits.

At those prices, I'd save my cash and buy a Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex kit from a spondered vendor on this board. If you shop around it might end up costing less, and will be a better kit. :)

3.5" and 31's looks pretty good.

cal said:
At those prices, I'd save my cash and buy a Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex kit from a spondered vendor on this board. If you shop around it might end up costing less, and will be a better kit. :)

3.5" and 31's looks pretty good.

the set up I have been running to 2 years and have been verry happy with I run roncho rs9000 and no swaybar. Im about 50/50 on and off road miles.

Well, hopefully someday you will put your swaybar back on and get some bilstiens, but you have a good start going. :)

Thanks for the replies.

RE is not an option for me. I will buy something from the company I work for even if I have to piece a lift kit together. I would think that at dealer cost I can piece together a kit that is better than a RE kit at full retail.

I was also thinking the Terraflex kit was kind of weird using stock upper arms. The price I listed did at least include short upper flex arms.

I keep coming back to the Super Lift kit because of the price and what you get. I just looked again and the price is closer to $600.00 but you get everything. Front and rear springs, upper and lower arms, track bar, shocks, TC lowering kit. Seems to be a good start for the money.
Is Super Lift really that bad?

So far it sounds like I might be looking at the Full Traction kit and adding some rear leafs to start out and working my way "up" from there.

Jess,
Hehe. I understand. I have a problem though. My wife fell in love with the XJ. It will now perform soccer mom duties on weekdays and be a camping/fishing/'froading weekend warrior. My original plan was to find an XJ for around a grand, hack the hell out of it and beat the snot out of it.
It turned out that I am the proud owner of a of a clean for 93 $1900.00 XJ.
About $900.00 more than I wanted to spend and 8 times cleaner than I had originally wanted.
So go the best laid plans of mice and men.

Thanks again, I appreciate the advice.
Mike

Back