• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I decided i like my lift, please help me fix my driveline issues!

So dont listen to half of these guys sye at 3" LOL
The purpose of a SYE is not soley to reduce vibes. By dropping the transfer case you are putting a huge strain on the motor mounts. After a while, you'll will have to replace them, along with the output bearing on the transfer case. If you read the whole thread, theres substantial knowledge and wisdom behind it.

You think people spend $200 on something that doesn't help? What happens if you bend your rearshaft on the trail? Or break a ujoint on the shaft? You have fluid everywhere and are left stranded. With a fixed output, it's swap in a junkyard one or remove and continue in front wheel drive.

Temp fix is fine with a drop, but I would invest in a SYE further down the road.

As far as driveline angles are concerned, you'll want to buy an angle finder (they're cheap), measure the angle of your output shaft after the transfer case drop, measure the angle of your pinion, and order the right degree shims to make up the difference. To visualize this, imagine a line coming straight out of the transfer case output shaft and extending back and another line coming out of the pinion shaft and extending forward. What you want to do is make these two lines parallel to each other. Since you're dropping the transfer case, you'll need to raise the pinion to bring your two imaginary lines back to parallel. The angle finder will tell you how many degrees it's off so that you can order the right shims the first time. You'll also need new center pin bolts to install the shims. You should also replace the ubolts (I know people that reuse them but I think they stretch and should be replaced any time they are removed).

Back