• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Beamed Jeep build pic's

There gusseted because they got shaved down a bit in the back for the tube work. It had to get changed when it got the manual trans.
enginecrossbar.jpg

This Thread sucks! :D Man she is looking good!

Believe it or not but the shock is actually only 5 degree's off of being 90 degree's at bump. That is the reason for the new engine cage I was loosing my shocks the last 6 inches of bump travel with the old set up. It seems I have to do everything wrong first then the second or third time I nail it lol.

jeepupdates8-8-11005.jpg

It was great the other day my dad came by and said take me for a ride and I said lets go he was shocked. Then I got a little nervous because I wasn't really sure every little thing was done but i wanted to take him up on his offer. Sense he's never had a ride in it with the links in the rear. So we take off down the street and he's like whats this noise whats that noise I'm like a lot of stuff then as we go down a hill I go check out the brakes so I hit them good and just the rear lock up quick and it doe's the whole tt nose drop also which was the whole affect I was looking for but I'd have to say there adjusted a little to much to the rear lol then I take him to a inter section by my house that has some big bumps and hit that which is pretty uneventful. Once we get back we jump out and my dads say's whats this wire hanging in the wheel well O that's ok that's just the hot wire for the fan not a big deal I later noticed my wind shield wiper motor dangling in the other wheel well but all and all she's ready to get beat on even tho I still have a list a mile long of stuff that needs to be done:looney:

I did get it out in Barstow for new years. Took it out the first night and found some big holes and one that sent the jeeps front end into the sky. The result of that was blowing the top off of my driver side front bump stop. Needless to say that sucked spent the next day swapping out the rear bumps to the front only to find out that there a little taller and that meant the linkage for the brakes wouldn't work. So then I had to take it all apart again to put spacers on. Then I was able to get every one in camp a short ride before I got back on the 15 at 3k fallowing semi trucks home. All of the weekends shenanigans made the weekend a good one!!!

This is, hands down, the most badass XJ I have ever seen.
I really want to do the front suspension on my MJ. Any tips on where to begin? I do have a bunch of friends that build rangers though. hahaha

I am getting ready to link the rear of my Xj and I was wondering what spring rates you are using and how you like them? I just picked up some fox 2.0 X 14 coil-overs, and was looking for a decent starting place so I don't need to buy 13 pairs of springs.

This is, hands down, the most badass XJ I have ever seen.
I really want to do the front suspension on my MJ. Any tips on where to begin? I do have a bunch of friends that build rangers though. hahaha

Thanks! My best advise would be copy a ranger as best you can. The cool thing about an xj is they have a ton of room for the I beam suspension and the steering box is in a good location to.

I am getting ready to link the rear of my Xj and I was wondering what spring rates you are using and how you like them? I just picked up some fox 2.0 X 14 coil-overs, and was looking for a decent starting place so I don't need to buy 13 pairs of springs.

shoot I wish I knew mine is sitting like a grass hopper right now. Then as the gas tank empty's it only gets higher in the rear. It's not done tho I need a jack back there some tools. I really think the front springs are just to soft so once I get the front up some the rear will probaly start working better. My shock guy had twins a yr ago so we still havent set it up yet :tears:

got any vids of this beast in action?

Theirs a couple in this thread but they really don't show the performance of the jeep. Once a couple of my friends finish there vehicles. We will have a professional come out with us and film for the weekend. I hope to get it out Easter maybe I'll get some pics and vids from that trip:yelclap:

Back