• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunting

To me it seems I like the sport of shooting , since I was a boy my brother and I
would compete with BB guns , every afternoon we would find harder and farther targets to hit .
Eventually we grew apart because he liked the thrill of the kill and I was still stuck on the skill of the rifle . I always felt bad after shooting a living creature so I never hunt , not that I don't agree with hunting but I never liked the idea of it being called a sport , not unless someone is shooting back ,
then I'll call it a sport .

Because of my experiences with firearms training with 5th group SF , I was exposed to a wide range of
Russian and German weapons not just American and British . There I gained a new appreciation for
different weapons and an overall understanding of the evolution of firearms .

For the first time I had ability to master the AK-47 , SKS and the SVD . The Russian PPSH and the German STG-44 . To my amazement , allot of weapons had the same sought after caliber of .30 cal
or somewhere in between , trued tried and tested on the battlefields of WW2 , the .30 cal became the standard of all assault rifles , hunting and law enforcement .

Long long story short , I have more fun shooting anything in or close to .30 cal , their a hoot to shoot
and after 100 rounds you're arm doesn't feel like JELLO either , maybe thats why I like the
7.62X39 mm so much , no not a big game round but within 100 yards of a target its very effective even on big game .

As far as what weapon to get is personal preference , find a rifle thats built well , more importantly find one that the length of pull fits your arms and lends itself well to YOUR point of aim , considering
point of aim is the single most important thing about being accurate down range , breathing and hand position becomes second nature when the point of aim and length of pull is comfortable to your liking.

I used to love showing these guys down at the range you don't need a 1800.00 dollar rifle to hit the target effectively , meanwhile I'm on the next lane over putting them in the ten spot with iron sights
and a 250.00 Norinco SKS .
This ...
DSC01829.jpg

Back