• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hungarian Lesbians-- Need I say more?

Hdfullofrox

NAXJA Forum User
It has been a long LONG time since I have posted to this forum, or even logged in for that matter. I've been putting this post off for years now but it has to be done. I hope I chose the correct chapter as "local" to me, I'm in Visalia:

I am seeking an "open adoption"/loving home for my beloved '91.

I bought him 3rd hand in 2003 from an adorable Hungarian girl and her girl friend whose student visas were about to expire and found the cost of taking the XJ home wasn't a realistic option.

The first thing I learned about the XJ was that it was a "he" and his name is "Drippy."

Drippy was my faithful companion through many adventures for 6 years, before the need to replace steering components led to the realization that the limited slip plate in the rear differential had-- at some point-- busted, shaken loose, and burrowed its way out of the housing.

Fortunately, this happened without incident or injury and who knows how many times we were in 4 low or how many miles we did on the open road with it that way.

We garaged Drippy in 2009 with every intention of rebuilding him.

Drippy is pretty much stock, I would love to build him into a nice trail rig: but the steering components need replacing-- already an expensive estimate. The suspension needs work. Now the rear diff needs replacing.

As long as we're replacing the rear diff and axel, might as well upgrade the axel. If we're upgrading the rear, we should do the front. If we're doing the suspension, we should add the lift, and we need to know how much lift we're doing before we order steering parts.

The notion of a project was enticing for awhile. But almost 4 years later, it's breaking my heart to see Drippy sitting alone and dejected in my garage.

My lifestyle has changed (relationship, home ownership, business changes, you name it,) my debt load has increased, priorities shifted...

It's going to be years before I can start rebuilding the XJ and showing him the love he deserves.

So Drippy is seeking a new home.

I doubt he currently has any actual value. He hasn't been driven more than 10 miles in 4 years. The engine and tranny are (were, and should still be) in excellent condition with just shy (if I remember correctly) of 300K miles on the original.

As far as we know, the transfer case is also in good condition-- he saw 4 low on a regular basis until late 2008.

Interior is good, body is good: straight, maybe a couple of small dings and scratches.

1991 4L i6 automatic "sport" package: AC, electric windows and door locks, but no keyless entry. 4 door. gray with gray cloth interior. 4WD.

What's wrong with him?: steering components are sadly worn, rear differential needs replacing, the limited slip plate is broken-- but it doesn't appear to have done any damage to the gears inside the housing when it broke. There's a crack in the exhaust that has been there since before I owned it-- it doesn't affect smog. The hydrolic brake accumulator pump works intermittently, when it stops working, the power brakes are gone, definitely something to fix. The anti-lock brake something or other doesn't work, so I've never had anti-lock brakes, the standard brakes worked swell until the pump started going out. The doors don't seal great anymore-- if they ever did-- so it's important to cover him in the rain if you don't want water to pool on the floor boards. And, since sitting for so long, the fuel lines that run to/from the ??? under the engine compartment have sprung some major leaks-- and just plain spray fuel when we start him up. Which means we don't start him up as much as we used to.

Sorry-- I know more about cars than most girls, and much more about my XJ in particular, but I'm sketchy on some of the stuff.

The paperless title transfer (I have long since misplaced the title) will cost Drippy's new owner $33. And you'll need a flat bed to tow him home.

He's currently registered non-op in CA.

He got a new catalytic converter in 2010 and passed smog fine then. I non-opped him in November 2011.

I have lots of pictures, not sure how to post them here.

I used to frequent the forums regularly and I know I'll find someone here who will give Drippy a good home.

I would like someone to restore him and get him back on the trail, I'd rather not have him torn up for parts. Obviously I have this vehicle highly anthropomorphized, I'm hoping someone wants a great project car and maybe keep in touch enough to send me a photo now and then of my old XJ back on the trail.

Drippy currently resides in Visalia CA. You can contact me via email at [email protected] or by phone at (559)300-8063 my name is Maggie.

please send detailed pictures.....

.....of the hot Hungarian lesbians! party1:

j/k, don't forget to post a price before your add gets removed & good luck with the sale.

Drippy has found a new home. Thanks Maggie.

im picking up the jeep lol. Maggie and i have been texting. i didnt bother posting on here until after her and i talked about the jeep.

Yeh, I'm from Bakersfield too, just in Fresno at the moment for school.

Thanks again Maggie! It was nice meeting you. I already fixed the fuel leak. It runs good. Still cant believe you were just giving it away. It is in great condition cosmetically.

Back