• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hp 30 build

TJDualsport

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished this guy. What do you guys think? Recommendations on future work. I have one similar on my jeep and so far so good on it holding up to some good woop sessions .

Hp 30, 4.56, poly p sleeves, our gussets, our truss 1.5" .120 wall Dom. Both tubes are welded to the cast then we connected the tubes with a piece of 3/16 cold roll plate on the bottom of the pumpkin. Also has currie upper bushing kit.
I know it's not race ready, I'd be plating a lot more but more for a fun per runner type build
515139d1354083028-roll-call-orange-county-image.jpg

515137d1354082987-roll-call-orange-county-image.jpg

Neither have I, not sure how much trussing its actually doing.. with just the plate under the diff. Looks different tho

I tried the top truss in the past but I destroyed the axle in a small car accident...... Not being able to go knuckle to knuckle is what I think hurt me. My axle tube literally twisted and Bent. Your plate work looks a lot beefier then what I used though. Great job on the fab getting those upper mounts correct takes time.

The upper wasnt too bad actually just cut the old one to fit the johnny joint cup and then plated over it and for the most part that is all ballistic Fab parts with a little modification

Just you but I see what you mean. No way it's warped I had poly p sleeves in before the truss. The truss and sleeves were tigged and we took our time. Jeep is on the road in Oregon and everything lined up perfect.

Just you but I see what you mean. No way it's warped I had poly p sleeves in before the truss. The truss and sleeves were tigged and we took our time. Jeep is on the road in Oregon and everything lined up perfect.

That's what I figured, but I've warped a few housings so I know how easy it can happen haha. What are you running for outers, stock XJ? Any plans to upgrade?

Any chance you can take a close up pic of the passenger side UCA mount for me please? I am building a d30 almost exactly like you did and plan on using the johnny joint kit, just want to see how you did the johnny joint and boxed in the mount to get an idea for mine.

I'll see if I can get a pic, But basically the upper passenger mount is tapered. The further you cut down the wider it gets. So you barely cut off the stock joint and work your way down till the jj mount sleeves in. I then cut out that plate to box it in. It's welded to the stock bracket. The JJ housing is thick so when you weld it in just make sure your welder is set to welding the thinner stock bracket.

I'll see if I can get a pic, But basically the upper passenger mount is tapered. The further you cut down the wider it gets. So you barely cut off the stock joint and work your way down till the jj mount sleeves in. I then cut out that plate to box it in. It's welded to the stock bracket. The JJ housing is thick so when you weld it in just make sure your welder is set to welding the thinner stock bracket.

If you can get one, cool. If not, no big deal. I have just been eyeballing that kit, but never have seen it installed. I was more or less just curious to see how it looked installed and see how it would work being boxed in. Again, if you can't get a pic, no biggie.

Back