• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how was your weekend?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
well,i had a great weekend up at TSF.. but on the other hand, this was an expensive trip. i broke a few too many things for just one weekend..

Started out thursday night, hit up archers and rocky up-hill, at that point i avoided waterfall... everything went good

Friday i just camped, got gas for saturday, and just relaxed, but noticed how bad my TRE's are on the Rugged ridge steering, that system sucks and now its time for V8ZJ stuff

Saturday started out good, think i saw Keith (Mopar440) on the first section of archers, but i never got a look at his face.. if that was you, where did the salem off-road sticker go? shortly afterwords jeremy (sorerunner) ended up 3-wheeled and ready to tip, so i had to use my come-along and pull him back to straighten out..

Made our way down to FB5, i decided to "Play" on the first 100ft of Crushers, did fine and turned around in there, rock caught my RR Valve stem and pulled it, needless to say i had to run a spare to camp,
man, that rock pit did a number on the under-carriage! everything was scraped, thank god for skid plates!

got my tire back on, and sunday tried to run waterfall, went up the very left side, got up, and right at the top i snapped the rear U-joint at the yoke..

2wd' back to camp, drove my DD back to town and got a spare shaft (oops should of brought it)

Got the new shaft in, and headed home, 1 mile after putting in the new shaft, snap! breaks again...

topped off the Transfercase and tried to "Slow down" the fluid coming out while in 2wd.. here i am, 3 hours later.. TC is empty and they're is some nasty noise in the front end..

Boy, i have alot to do before NWfest. and not alot of time..

Carnage:
2 rear u-joints
driver side rocker rail shoved up into the door (creased the door)
Valve stem
Ball joints
D30 Axle shaft seals
Bent steel bumper
Shattered tail light
TRE's
Possibly the transfercase

All that damage, and the d35 with 200k+ still held up to 33x14 Boggers:rolleyes:

Not sure how that pertains to MY weekend....

But mine sucked..

Left on my camping trip on thrs. night and friday afternoon i was riding my quad at the campground and had a bad landing on a jump, went over the handle bars and landed on 3" rocks/hard dirt tailbone first. I was told the bike ran my ass over, I slid about 20 and i didn't move for about 5 minutes........ But i was wearing a helmet!

the next day i couldn't walk then sunday i was moving slowly and today im getting around better i plan to see my doctor tomorrow and get some X-rays to make sure i didn't do anything to may back as the lower part is very sore...

-PJ-

Well my weekend was good got the new front bumper done (going to post pics in my build thread). Went fishing and did some fun hill climbing at cascade locks.

i figured out my weekend left me with about $400 in repairs to be done...

considering my rig is hardly worth $400.. that sucks.

a pic of the new setup on both rigs..

Sorerunner: 4.5" IRO lift with 2" spacers.. Soft 8's and 33" MTR II's

Mine: just boggers.. and more body damage
S4010025.jpg

I got my rig towed Saturday...then fixed the problem. And today I was cruising to break in the gears and broke a serpentine belt...Lyle picked one up for me and two hours later I was on my way. Then two hours later my power steering hose broke clean off, so now my rig is sitting in a parking lot waiting for me to rescue it tomorrow.

:(

~Scott

I got my rig towed Saturday...then fixed the problem. And today I was cruising to break in the gears and broke a serpentine belt...Lyle picked one up for me and two hours later I was on my way. Then two hours later my power steering hose broke clean off, so now my rig is sitting in a parking lot waiting for me to rescue it tomorrow.

:(

~Scott
finally, someone thats having a similer weekend:wave:

finally, someone thats having a similer weekend:wave:

Ya I feel ya. On top of that I still need to get my shock mounts welded and varrious other things before the weekend as I PLANNED on wheeling this weekend.

First brakes, then belt, then steering, what's next? :gag:

~Scott

well my adventure started last weekend to be exact. decided to upgrade the broken rear shaft (alloy USA). then Joe talked me into doing the crown Vic swap while i had it apart (thanks Joe !). anyway spent the week at work on the drill press and press almost everynight, cause i missed the holes a tad on the retainer plate. inbetween i died & painted the interior lighting red and replaced all the bulbs with red ones and some LEDs. looks freekin sweet ! Friday i finally Gave up on our lil puney press at work and went and payed the $10.00 to get er' done. friday night after work i got one side put in. Saturday finished it up, but my lil helpers were with mom. so sunday morning my daughter and i bleed the brake system and voila' back on the road. needless to say my jeep thing was still itching. so i decided to re-wire my lights in the rear finally (since they never got hooked up). so now one comes on when i put it in reverse and the other is remounted as a rock light pointing under the rear tires. turned out better than i expected. i'll try and get some pics later tonite when the sun goes down. And to top it all off i decided since we have a week of sunshine comin to throw the tube doors on. all in all i think i spent approx 20 hours wrenchin total. whew! but it was well worth it. love the feel of the brakes now and the lighting is just plain badass. crappy part is my list is still pretty long. exactly one month to NWFest and counting ! :clap:

Played in the mountains, shot some stuff, ate BBQ and drank beer/whiskey, went to sleep, did it all again 2x.

This weekend was brought to you by: Aimpoint, Remington, Jameson, Jeep, and Shiner Bock.

Went out a bunch, saw the fireworks downtown friday, saturday UFC party, three or four days of playin in the swimming pool, and the underwear girl walking around my apartment off and on all weekend perfected it.

Went to Pull'a'parts sat, ran into muddy beast in the parking lot. Found a replacement for my tranny mount to transfercase bolt that rattled out somewhere. Went home and added another degree of caster to the front suspension and pulled out a tape for the toe in. Now the jeep is a little less scary at free way speeds. Tossed the Kayak on the roof this evening so now it looks like it has a 15' banana on the roof.

I put over 500 miles on the harley, did a lot of drinking ate some pizza, had a killer bbq and hung out with my future ex wife, all in all an expensive weekend, but that just may be my drinking habits, hopefully this female will not cost me as much as the last one did. Also, after TORX's comment about working, I really enjoy not having a job anymore.

My weekend was awesome. Friday night I did some urban mountain biking and some other fun stuff up at school. Saturday I BBQ'd, did some wheeling at Walker Valley ORV and got lost on the new logging roads. Sunday I went cliff jumping and kayaking with some of my friends and then went to the Ski to Sea festival in Bellingham. Today I worked on a paper and just hungout...

Cliff jumping:

n695005489_3156047_1814972.jpg

4681_106870530489_695005489_3156048.jpg

-Alex

Hung out poolside with my new roommates most of the weekend :D
Monday was spent exploring the heavily damaged POTB railway in the Salmonberry Canyon. 4x4 required for access ;)

switchback.jpg

meenteringtunnel.jpg

dadcrossingKinnycreek.jpg

Broke a rear shaft, c-clip D-35... DOH!!! Stayed w/ Jeep overnight and had a buddy get me a shaft out of his heep.. fixed it on the trail... drove it home... time for a D-44... or better yet narrow my 8 3/4...

Back