• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to get non-street-legal jeep to rausch creek??

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone use a tow-dolly?

I have truck but no trailer or tow dolly but i can rent/borrow a tow dolly

does anyone else use this method?

does anyone use a tow-dolly?

I have truck but no trailer or tow dolly but i can rent/borrow a tow dolly

does anyone else use this method?

I have seen tow dollys used, just make sure the strap is long enough to go over the size tire you have (or strap it to the tow dolly differently, most just have a strap "pocket" that goes over the tire)... and also do some research on what to shift the tranny/t-case into to flat-tow it. Or just pull the rear driveshaft.

in some states a vechicle on a tow dolly must also be street leagal, registered inpected ect.

Rent a trailer, much safer then a tow dolly and they really arnt that much to rent.

Rent a trailer, much safer then a tow dolly and they really arnt that much to rent.

Just be careful with U-haul .... they get really picky about WHAT you will be towing on their trailer. There is a chance they won't rent you the trailer if they know a lifted Jeep is going on it.

Just be careful with U-haul .... they get really picky about WHAT you will be towing on their trailer. There is a chance they won't rent you the trailer if they know a lifted Jeep is going on it.

what momma don't know can't hurt her

I would just paint the jeep black, get nightvision, drive it up in the middle of the night with no lights on at high speed, no one will see you!!! Then sleep in the parking lot till morning..

its not like they watch you load the vehice

say you have a f-550 towing a geo metro convertible

Not to be a stick in the mud here .... but if something happens and they find out you were less than honest .... the insurance policy would be void and you would get stuck with all the bills - which could be REALLY high is property is damaged.

Its always a good idea to be honest up front.

The one area that I would be willing to maybe slip in a little non-truth is to "forget" that the Jeep is lifted. Just tell them its a Jeep Cherokee - which is true. Stock Cherokees aren't really all that big anyway - they might not have a problem with that.

X2 on what MrSimon said.

I know they're real sticklers about the towing vehicle having a hard top.

chameleon jeep. i've seen it, but only for a quick second. it's not a myth. the loch ness monster was driving it and flipped me the bird...he was mean.

right now im looking to buy a used car-dolly. Its looking like the tow vehicle will be my 04 grand cherokee. Which isnt the best tow vehicle by any means, but Rausch is slightly less than an hour away

You might want to make sure that PA will allow a non-plated vehicle to be towed on a dolly. Some states require that if it's wheels touch the ground, it's gotta be plated.

Back